Quantcast

Head swap 500/700?

Stupid question but just wandering, why do you want to swap the head and piston?
 you can only get a new  (OEM) piston with a piston kit for the 500 and 700.  http://sportsmancountry.com/Massimo_Parts/CRANKSHAFT_PISTON_MSU500/     http://sportsmancountry.com/Massimo_Parts/CRANKSHAFT_PISTON_MSU_700/

the piston kits are the exact same part numbers, so i assume  they are interchangeable.

here is the OEM cam http://sportsmancountry.com/Massimo_Parts/CAMSHAFT_CHAIN_MASSIMO/

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how you can swap the heads to get more power.  The part numbers are not the same.  Crankshaft part numbers are not the same, either.

13101-004-0000-KIT Piston Kit, HS UTV 400/500

13101-007-0000-KIT Piston Kit, HS UTV 700

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jcbigg
      When I try to start my AXIS 500 (from Lowes) there is a buzzing sound coming from the battery compartment and it will not turn over/start. The battery is showing 12.47 volts so that does not appear to be the issue, are there any suggestions on where to look next?
    • By Jim D
      MSU 500 does nothing when you turn the key. No power to display, fuel pump or anything. Come back a while later and everything works perfect. Starts right up. Battery is fully charged. Could this be the ignition going bad. When it doesn't power up I've found nothinf that will correct it other then waiting and trying later.
    • By Bryan83c
      Need input on compatible clutch sets I can upgrade joyner 1100cc 2018 sand viper with.    Something autozone might carry  and what cars are these chery motors most compatibility with
    • By Pop Bob
      While adjusting my suspension, I noticed an unused two wire connector on each side just hanging loose. Anyone know what they are? Nothing in the manual about them. 
    • By Chile
      I have a 2018 Massimo 700 MSU with the Delphi MT05 ECU.
      I have seen an alternative ECU reset procedure that involves running the engine at WOT for 5 seconds in neutral and then shutting down while throttle still at WOT.  The articles include comments that the rev limiter will prevent engine overspeed ad attendant damage. 
      1. Is this actually a recommended procedure for restting the ECU on a 700 MSU?
      2. What is the rev limited maximum RPM for the 700 MSU?
      I initiated this procedure but when the RPM exceeded 6000 I immediately terminated the process. It simply seemed excessive to me to continue.

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated.

Chile