Quantcast

Lyonel Geary

Difficult to get out of gear.

Have 2014 Bennche (Hisun) 700 EFI Four Seater.  Have great difficulty getting out of whatever gear its in.  Very often, have to shut engine off to move gear shift.    Is there a way to decrease idle speed? 

it sounds like  a clutch problem to me. I have had bad clutch weights cause this same problem. If you are still having this issue, check out the slider weights in the variator side of the clutch. But it does sound like its clutch related because if the clutch is not fully working, it is telling the engine that the clutch is engaged, causing the big clunk you hear when you try to shift even while not moving. it would also cause the drive line to drag a bit at idle.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hisunsadman
      Last October we were sitting at an idle on a Sunday morning and it died for the first time since we time since we bought it new I've already sent it to the shop because it's under warranty after trying to fix it. New fuel injector new spark plug couldn't do a compression check because I couldn't find anything to fit it but now that it's at the shop I have a feeling that the exhaust valves tighten themselves up and they are not closing anybody ever have this problem?
    • By Savage
      Hi, 
      Does anyone have a free download link for this service manual? Thanks
    • By Travis
      View File Kawasaki Mule 550,520,500 Engine repair manual
      This file contains all specifications,troubleshooting and repair procedures for the FE290D  (9.5H.P,286cc) engine used in the  Mule 500,520 and 550 models.
      Topics covered include,  general information, service data, disassembly, reassembly,inspection of parts and maintenance.
      Notes:
      Make sure you're reading the correct information as this manual covers multiple FE series engine, some of which were not used in Mules, the manual does a very good job of clarifying which specifications and procedures are for which Model engine.

Submitter Travis Submitted 01/13/2021 Category Kawasaki  
    • By ANIL SEDALI
      Hi friends. I'm Anıl. I live in Turkey. I have a Hisun 700 UTV 2015 Models. My problem is : 
      inability to change gear after the engine has started. Before the engine starts, it can shift into all gears; but after running, I cannot change gear. At about 3000 km. Fuel injection model. Can anyone help on this topic? Thank you!
    • By cliffyk
      I acquired a Coleman UT400  just after Thanksgiving (2020) and find it to be quite different than most others seen on the web--the most visible difference is that the cylinder slants toward the rear placing the "hot spot" under the bed rather than under the seat (a significant improvement to my mind). THe curious prt of this is that neither Coleman nor  Hisun seem to acknowledge  this major design change. In fact the Owner's manual supplied with the vehicle appears tp haqve been written for a completely different unit--showing the ignition and light switches mounted in the dash (they are stalk mounted on the steering column on mine) and indicates that to change the spark plug requires removing the seat (the cylinder head and plug are under the bed on mine):

I wrote to Coleman and they sent me a what is supposed to be the most recent "UT400-5" manual which is still wrong about 90%+ of the vehicle. Neither the Coleman or Hisun websites are of any use as their content provides no photos and very little information about maintenance or the engine/drive train in general.
      Is anyone aware of when these changes were made, or of any sites offering info re: this latest mode?  Currently I'm battling shift cable adjustment to find better and more consistent reverse gear selection.
      Mine also differs in that the parking brake is a single caliper and disc mounted on the rear differential pinion shaft (this seems to be a "5 brake" configuration I have found reference to.
      Overall it seems well designed and manufactured--the chassis welds are as nice as you could ask for and the castings and  machining are top notch.
      Any information or suggestions as to where to look would be appreciated...
      TIA