Quantcast

Biggz

Can you get a good used side by side for $4,500

My family moved from Illinois to Leadville Colorado about 3 months ago.  Leadville has a lot of trails to ride and some fun off road stuff  that i would love to start getting into with my boys. I currently have a 04 HD FXD Superglide that i might sell or trade for a UTV. My question is are there any UTV that are good solid used side by side that i could find for about $4500 or $5000? If not I will keep saving for something. If so what brand and year should i be looking for? Thank you for your help!!

Thank you

Chris

I have been looking into some Side by sides. I think I am leaning towards looking for a Polaris RZR 800S series..Is the Arctic cats pretty good side by sides?

Thank you for the help

I rarely hear anything bad about arctic cats, they were bought out by Textron  recently. (Another good manufacturer)

Ok, thank you Travis.. I will check into them as well. Much appreciated!! Have a great Thanksgiving

And you definitely want to look at a used one, new anything from them run about $14,000, they do have one about 8000, but it's more utility than sport

The wildcat would be a good one too look into.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I wasn't sure this activity would be my thing so I found a 2009 Joyner UTV with only 1900 miles and paid $4100 for it.    Chinese with Japanese motor that Kawasaki can work on.  So far, so good.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Massimo no start

2017 msu500 efi. Has spark and fuel. Valves are within clearances.  Leave key on I get a 118 code. Ect sensor? Could this keep it from starting Old plug was black

By Swampdonkey, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 9 replies
    • hisun 800 intake backfire/no start

I am working on a friends hisun 800. he said whenever you transport it on a trailer it takes forever to start and he has to floor it to get it to start. he also said it wouldn't go over 30mph like it was being held back. I get it to my house try to start it and all im getting is backfire through intake. I checked spark it was good. I know its a no no but I sprayed a small shot of starting fluid in airbox to see if it would start and it backfired and lit the fluid on fire. currently I am wondering if the valves may be out of adjustment anybody have any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

By huey224, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • Doesn't want to start

My 2013 500 will only start if I floor the gas pedal and then once it starts I have to pump the gas until it warms up a little it sounds horrible until it warms up.(around 20 seconds)and then it will stay running. The exhaust smells like raw gas for a little while. The throttle body has been changed. Someone suggested the mass air flow sensor could be the problem ( is that the MAP). It has been to 2 different shops with it not being fixed. I haven't been able to ride it since last fall.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

By Rwpjtk, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 17 replies
    • Cub Cadet Diesel UTV key on no lights and wont start

New here!  I have a 2003 Cub Cadet Volunteer Diesel ran everyday 1 day fine nothing the next. anyone had this problem? when I turn on the key not even the lights will come on. I took the switch apart it seems fine put it back in. checked the 2 blowout fuses are also fine (even tried new ones), switched the 3 relays around they seem fine to hate to have to take it in an get wallet raped someone must have had this problem before any help would be greatly appreciated!

By uponahill, in Cub Cadet UTV SxS Forum

• 50 replies
    • Polaris Trails & Rocks, 2018

RZR XP® 1000 EPS Trails and Rocks Editionhttps://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-xp-1000-eps-trails-rocks-edition/   Only if you have an extra $22,500 laying around.....   SPECS KEY FEATURES NEW! 55% LOWER LOW GEAR NEW! XTREME PERFORMANCE AWD PREMIUM TRAIL/ROCK ACCESSORIES SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES Legendary RZR XP® 1000 Features Plus NEW! 55% lower low gear, NEW! Xtreme performance True On-Demand All Wheel Drive, NEW! Low speed throttle mapping ProArmor crawler XG tires with Beadlocks, High Clearance Front & Rear Suspension, Standard 4,500 lb Polaris Winch, NEW! Gated Shifter, Strengthened Front Half Shafts, Click 6 Harnesses, 14” Ground Clearance, Front Bumper & Rock Sliders, Rear View Mirror & High Visibility Front Fender Flares and more Power Engine Type ProStar 1000 H.O. 4-Stroke DOHC Twin Cylinder Cylinders Displacement 999cc HP 110 HP Transmission / Final Drive Automatic PVT P-R/N/L/H (Gated Shifter) with Reduced L Gear Suspension Front Shocks 2 in Walker Evans Needle with 16-Position Adjustable Clickers Front Suspension High Clearance Lower Control Arms, Dual A-Arm with Stabilizer Bar and 16 in (40.6 cm) Travel Rear Shocks 2.5 in Walker Evans Needle with 16-Position Adjustable Clickers Rear Suspension High Clearance Radius Rods, Trailing Arm with Stabilizer Bar and 18 in (45.7 cm) Travel Agility Drive System Type Xtreme Performance True On-Demand AWD/2WD Front/Rear Brakes 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front and Rear Calipers  

By Travis, in Polaris UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply