Quantcast

Transmission Fluid Leaked out? Why??

KTMspeedFreak

For some reason, out of no where all my tranny flue is leaked out from around one of the seals in tranny where the drive shafts come out. 

Buggy was in the garage for few days with no leaks, then randomly all the oil just started dripping out from one of the seal areas?? I didn’t even move the buggy... The only reason I can think as to why it went from zero leaks to major leak is the cold weather here in FL may have shrunk the seals?? Anyone else think this is rather strange? 🤨🧐

Also, antonella’s know where I can order these? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took some pics... As you can see the right side axle/cup/hub whatever you call it is able to move side by side and when it moves all my fluid dumps out. The other side I cannot get to move whatsoever so I feel like this isn’t suppose to be happening and perhaps a nut/clip or some other restraint is suppose to hold this in place?? anyone know how these work or what might be missing?

E74203D8-9673-407C-B047-E19F9899A5CB.jpeg

AC81E147-5424-481B-8DC4-A2503DE3EEBA.jpeg

Your description of the end play also leads me to believe there is a snap ring or some kind of retainer that's missing.  Pull that axle out and look for a groove around the shaft that goes into the transmission.  If you go to this website:  http://joyner-usa.com and click on the "Manuals" tab, you'll be presented with a list of some Joyner UTVs.  Pick one closest to  your model.  There isn't too much difference between the year models or even between the Joyner Trooper & Renegade (with the 1100cc engine).  The drive trains are fairly similar.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Timpiker
      My UTV is a few years old and gets very little use.  I just noticed the drive belt slapping the plastic guard and making some noise.  The manual tells me how to replace it but not how to tighten it.  Apparently, there is no adjustment.  Does anyone know if there is an adjustment?  Is the belt supposed to have a lot of slop in it?
    • By trevor
      my hisun 400 has ben leaking oil out of a small metal tube on the bottom near the oil filter. Got the side by side given to me after been sitting for a couple years  but 2 quarts in nothing happened my buddy went and worked on it and put another quart in it. i thought it just pushed out what it didn't need. but its dry as a bone inside. does have a good clatter coming from the top end as well, with oil in it. looking for some help not much on the internet about these things.
    • By Wesley
      I have a 2022 500 Hisun product, I have had them in the past. I change my oil myself and trying to drain through the hole where I remove the plug is a mess.  How does everyone keep the belly pan clean during the oil and filter service?

Wes Jackson
    • By bfairchild21
      Please help I have a Massimo 400 buck that has an oil leak. The oil is leaking on the front side of the motor. It leaks out of a u-shaped steel pipe that has two banjo style fittings on it. I have tried using RTV and different banjo washers and have had no luck. It drips about one drip per second while it's running. I can't find parts for it at this time.
    • By TBoss 560 2023
      Got a new 2023 TBoss 560 with 40 miles on it now. Noticed after about and hour of plowing snow coolant started hissing out the overflow tube. Initially made a pop or blow kind of noise and then saw some steam and smelt coolant. Coolent level is in the middle between low and high (running or not). Coolant under radiator cap is full when cold, appears nice and green. Checked oil doesn’t look milky. The temp ranges from 160-180 F running for 15-20. Noticed the other day there was some more coolant that blew out the overflow tube. I called the dealer and they said the system could be purging air. Dealer is 2+ hours away so wanting to get more thoughts before considering to bring it in. Also noticing hot/burning rubber smell but I think this is from the belt breaking in? Also notice the coolant smell from the exhaust when in higher RPMs. No white smoke from the exhaust. Also another possible issue. I notice that there’s a little bounce when on pavement. You can also hear the CVT kind of make noise with this bounce in tandem. Is this normal?