Quantcast

2006 Kawasaki Mule 3010 trans ONE wheel turned inwards

jgreg

Hello.  I have 2006 kawasaki mule 3010 trans 4x4 that has the drivers side wheel turning inwards while the passenger side is straight.  What would cause this to happen and what would you suggest to repair.  Thanks.  Adjusted the tie rods, but wont fix this.

We had a wet Winter here and use this for farm chores.  The alley way has gotten rutted up, and so that has created some bumps and nothing huge.    I will say this, about 3 months ago the passenger side front shock upper bracket weld broke and we had to re-weld that install, so I look at that on the drivers side and its still in good shape.

You'll probably need to get that wheel off the ground. Then try grabbing the tire, and manually moving it through the turn it would make, if you were using the steering wheel. Left/right etc. Then look to see where its broke. It should be quickly obvious when you see something flopping around. If not, then my money is on the inner tie rod. Although it could be the rack. But since its just one side, that inner tie rod seems most likely. You might have to pull that boot to be certain. Since that inner rod is mostly hidden by the boot. Don't damage that boot, and try not to break the tie that's holding it if possible. Since if it's anything like a car, those ties take a special, expensive, never used again tool, to replace them. You'll end up using zip ties on em, or hose clamps. That just isn't the same kind of seal. See if you can gently slide those off. Preserving the boot is really the hardest part of the job. Inner tie rods are definitely a do it yourself job. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rufus Fruge
      Just wanted to check in and say hi to fellow members. I bought a 2023 T-Boss 550 last month just in time for hunting season. So far all is well. I went over it to check things out and learned a lot in the process.LOL! I certainly would recommend that all new purchasers should make it a point to do this because I can promise you that you won’t regret it.
    • By Jamesjoh
      I've installed the Kemimoto side by side mirrors in my UTV to replace one that would not stay in place.This one give great views and tightens down nicely, but you have to take them down evenly or it gets bound up. Just an all around great mirror.
    • By tim hughes
      hello everyone
    • By Irons
      Hopefully this helps somebody because I couldn't find any info on this runaway condition.

Drove 1/2 mile to the gas station and when I started up to leave the starter stuck on. Turn key off starter is still running~! Limp it home wondering what the heck to do, get it in the garage and pull the negative battery terminal to get it to stop. Whew, WTF?

Calm down and start checking things, starter is hot of course but nothing is smoking and nothing smells burnt. Pull battery cover off and start checking wires from battery to relay and relay to the starter. OK good nothing is hot, nothing is crispy and nothing is melted. Probably smoked the starter though. If this had happened to my wife and I wasn't around the machine would have run until the battery died and probably melted down/burned.

I'll get to the point to save you folks some time and trouble. Because this is a kymco machine you need 2 different Kawasaki parts to make this repair, and information is scarce to say the least. The switch and a sub harness to connect it to the machine's plug.

Everything works now, but the starter sounds horrible so I'll be changing that too before spring.

Good luck out there and hopefully this is just a freak occurrence, but if I were you I'd get rid of this kymco part and put the Kawasaki replacement in now.

Switch, Magnetic is part number 27010-0767
      Sub Harness Start Relay is part number 26031-Y034

• By ILoveOldJunk
      Recently acquired a 21 year old Mule.  The previous owner let the brake master cylinder run dry, and when I flushed the brakes, one wheel's brakes locked up.  I took the wheel off, but cannot get the axle nut off, and there is not enough space to get my gear puller behind the drum anyway.  Anybody had an issue with seized brakes?  How can I get this thing off to replace it or rebuild it?