Quantcast

kandlinaz

Rebuilding engine in our 2008 Trooper T2

Well, after a bad experience with repairs to our Trooper, Lloyd tore into the engine himself. We originally wanted to save time by hiring the engine rebuild out, but that bit us square in the butt. Remember the discussion about Silverbullet motorsports in Yuma??

Stay tuned....we'll let you know what happens. 

Has anyone rebuilt the engine in these troopers?

Well, we found a problem with the crank that probably came from the factory; found gunk in the oil pick up tube caked on the screen; found crap in the oil pan; good grief. This was supposed to have been a rebuilt motor...???  Also, JoynerUSA wants an arm and a leg for the parts  list we've given them so far. I'm wondering how much the trade agreement with China and the tariffs are affecting that. Thanks Dwayne, we'll probably be asking questions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mikey
      My master cylinder is leaking from the rod that goes to brake pedal. I had planed on replacing it with a new one as I had routinely seen them on eBay for $109 but now that I need one the cheapest used cykinder is $134. Does anybody know where I might find a seal kit for the cylinder?  Are all Mule cylinder's 11/16" diameter?

• By Racinaround
      Just Repainted my Trooper and was wondering if anyone has or can make the stickers for the tropper??
      800 357-2460
      Rick
    • By Williamson
      First I’m going to start off by telling you how the problem started. 
      I have a XY Ground Pounder with the 1100cc Chery Engine; I sunk it in a mud hole and had water up middle ways of the muffler; about 10 seconds of being stuck and hitting the gas all of a sudden the motor started making a tapping noise that sounded like it was coming from the head (the buggy never died while I was stuck on the mud hole). I finally got pulled out and had to proceed to drive the buggy out the rest of the trail back to my truck (buggy still making the tapping sound and I lost about half of my power and had to keep the buggy going at around 4,500RPMS).
      I got the buggy home and first thing I drained the oil and dropped the pan to find water, dirt and metal shaving in the oil. I proceeded to check the rod bearings and mains; they had very little play but had a lot of wear; I also took the head off and inspected everything and took the pistons out everything looked fine up top. So I ordered a new crank, main bearings, rod bearings, head gasket and bolts; after waiting for a month for the parts to come in I finally got the block and everything clean and put the new parts in and torqued to spec. I got it all put back together and new fluids, plugs and filter put back in and everything aligned and put back in time while TDC. I started the buggy and instantly it’s still doing the same thing; so I took the head off and inspected the springs and valves but everything seems to be good. I also did a compression test on each cylinder with great readings. 
      Has anyone ever had the same problem or know anything?

Thanks for taking your time to read. 
    • By rocmoc
      This is rocmoc/Michael one of the first on this forum when the Joyner was one of the most active topics.  First an update of others.  The earlier members will also remember Lenny and Jeff.  With myself we organized the first Jamborees in 2009-2012.  Sadly if you have not heard we lost both Lenny and Jeff in 2018.    A great loss to the community.  Myself:  Still around but rolled over to Jeep and Arctic Cat Wildcat.  The Wildcat  design still remains me of my old 2008 Trooper.  Doing well as the Last Man Standing but cleaning out the garage.  Found some New and used Trooper parts I will list in the parts section.  Wanted to give you all a chance before I list on Ebay.  As many of you knew Lenny listed a lot of stuff on Ebay.  Will I partnered a lot of the stuff with him and I still have stuff.  Take care and I will check in for message should you want to ride.  Still make it to Utah every other year and am still in Southern AZ.
      rocmoc in AZ/Mexico
    • By Mikey
      Just bought a well used 2500 with 6,800 hours on the clock. Guy said it had a bad engine but it did run and drive when I tested it and it billowed white smoke. I found oil in the water and a disconnected fan switch. A compression test yielded 160 psi in one cylinder and 240 psi in the other. I put 15 psi in the cooling system and it dropped to zero in 30 seconds.  I removed the spark plugs and put 100 psi of air into each spark plug hole and coolant few out of the uncapped radiator. So I figured I had two bad head gaskets.
      I took the heads of the engine and found two bad head gaskets. Cleaned them up, checked for cracks, found none and reassembled with new genuine Kawasaki head gaskets.  Started engine and it ran well but smoked constantly at idle and at full throttle. Comprression test now yielded 240 psi and 245 psi which is higher than I have ever seen in any gasoline engine I have ever tested. I put 100 psi into each spark plug hole and no water or air bubbled out of the open radiator cap. When I put 15 psi into the cooling system it held pressure. Also fixed the fan switch connection and installed a digital temperature guage so I know exactly what temperature the engine is seeing and that the thermostat and cooling system is functioning properly.
      The engine smokes like it is worn out and needs overbored but with those great compression numbers it is had to believe. I am ready to pull the engine and tear it down but thought I would post to this forum before I did.
      This is my first Mule. I only paid $800 for it and might decide to just part it out depending what I find inside the engine. Brakes are good, trans works fine and there is almost no rust anywhere.
      Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks, Mike