Quantcast

2005 Cub Cadet side by side front axles

I'm working on a 2005 Cub Cadet side by side and I'm trying to remove the front two axles.  I have a slide hammer puller on the inner joint and with all my strength they will not budge.   Anyone have the same issues and is there something I'm missing or a trick of some sort to pull these out?   Any suggestions please and thank you.

you should be able to get a flat pry bar inbetween the inner cv joint and the front differential.You will need to put some outward pressure on the inner cv joint and have someone give the axle a good pull outward,with a couple of good yanks you should be able to remove axle from front diff.

Yup.... Did all that.  Resorted to a 10 pound slide hammer puller and still nothing.  It must be really seized on the splines.  I just want to make sure that there's only the jog ring on the end of the axle and nothing else.  And that's on either side I've done everything I could.  Still stuck. .......

• 1 year later...

I realize this is a rather old thread but I had similar problem and found a simple solution. The axle spline was seized in the differential and no prying, pulling, cussing got it to move. I found that my cheap Harbor Freight bearing separator just fit between the CV joint and the differential. Started tightening it up with the impact wrench and the spline popped right out. Cleaned out the really rusty  differential spline ‘socket’ and loaded the new axle spline with anti-seize and everything slid back together smoothly.

https://www.harborfreight.com/bearing-separator-and-puller-set-62593.html

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Karlibob
      I have a 2020 800 sx with about 16 hours on it.  From day one I have heard a clunking noise from the front end going over bumps.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Also this past weekend while out riding I heard a noise that sounded like the dump bed bounced three or four different times, again has anyone experienced anything like that.  Thanks, gary
    • By Green Scout
      Hello everyone.
      Here I am showing our Green Scout electric all-terrain vehicle.
      All-terrain vehicle 6 wheeled, electric, side-turning. Rides, jumps, dances, swims, but does not fly. The drive is permanent (but you can turn off any wheel arbitrarily through the controller). The power of each wheel is 3 kW at its peak, the total power is 18 kW. Speed up to 60 km / h. Since the all-terrain vehicle is electric, it starts from a place quickly, drives silently (well, of course, the sound from tires and shock absorbers does not disappear).
      The idea of creating such an all-terrain vehicle came after the experience of operating the Argo all-terrain vehicle. The main disadvantages of the wheeled side-turning all-terrain vehicle are low ground clearance, lack of suspension. To get high ground clearance and suspension, there are two outputs on mini all-terrain vehicles - either electric drive or hydraulic. The hydraulics had to be excluded, since at temperatures below -30C it does not work, plus it always flows. As a result, we settled on an electric transmission. Each wheel is a motor-wheel. Naturally, the motor-wheels were being finalized to be able to be installed on an all-terrain vehicle and to be able to swim. The battery is iron-phosphate, all information on the battery, the charge is displayed on the smartphone. Control of the all-terrain vehicle through the on-board computer. Bicycle handlebar controls. Braking either with the sides through a turn of the steering wheel, or with the gas pedal of all wheels at once.
      Overview video of the all-terrain vehicle

• By Quade
      This is my first UTV and it ran great the first 500 miles. Then it slowly got harder and harder to start. Now I have to keep giving it gas when I first start it for about 1 minute until it will idle by itself. This past weekend I took it on the trail and it died 15 minutes into the ride and lost all spark. I got towed home and tried to see if I had spark the next morning which I did and it started but died 10 minutes later. Anyone have any ideas what I should do or check? Anything would help thank you!
    • By Chuck Winburn
      I bought an axis 500 brand new, hauled it home and the light indicator for 4 wheel drive is not working.  Is there a something the store didnt tell me, or is it messed up right off the assembly line? Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    • eManualOnline
    • By Scott Currence
      I need to find a new inner front wheel bearing seal for my 2012 bennche bighorn 700. I ordered a front wheel bearing kit and the inner seal is too big. I need to find just the seal and it needs to be the same od as the bearing. The specs listed are 55x38x8. Does anyone have a line on what I can get? Thanks. Our local Bennche dealer is no longer ordering parts and I don't want to order another kit with the same issue.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By pollockjes4
      Good evening, 
      just picked up a nice 2009 cub cadet 4x2 Volunteer.  It needs inboard rear axle joints rebuilt or new cv axles.  Found a ton of cub ones, big money.  Any one know of a aftermarket part number or who makes them?  TIA
    • By MinnesotaMan
      First post here, some great info on this forum!
       Is anybody running a Cub Cadet Challenger 550 with snowplow? I am looking to get something with cab and heater and this has caught my eye. I am curious if the 550 will have enough power. Thanks in advance! 

• By Hovencm
      I have a 2015 cub cadet challenger, which is the same as the 700 hisun. I had a critter make a nest on top of the engine and eat about 6 inches worth of wiring. the sensors involed are the two coolant sensors and the injector wires. I need help identifing these specific delphi connectors so that i can try to purchase connectors with pig tails.
    • By Tony B
      Hi all! I'm in the market for a UTV. I'm curious about your guys opinions on the cub cadet challenger mx750. Pros, cons, and such. Maybe even some alternative suggestions. I'm totally new to the market so... thanks