Quantcast

marineengineer56

2013 KRF750S Teryx will not run.

Have a 2013 KRF750S Teryx  that starts and runs 10-12 seconds and then shuts down.  Also ,  notice the Multifunction Meter panel acts like it looses power. Turn the key off then back on, the Multifunction Meter panel starts up, then immediately shuts down.  The machine needs to set for at least an hour before trying to start then shuts down again.  [i.e. the symptoms repeat]  I believe the ECU is failing but don't want to make a $500.00 mistake  The service manual only addresses failing sensors, not the ECU.   Any ideas on how to test if the ECU is failing?  If it was a car/truck, my computer scanner will tell me.

It would lead me to believe a faulty Ignition Coil, but when you mention the Multifunction panel, sure sounds like the  ECU to me. I don't how to test them, i would contact your local Kawasaki dealer or Kawasaki directly to see if there is a procedure for testing one.

6 hours ago, Travis said:

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Awaiting for  new ECU to show up Tuesday the 16th.  Contacted the local dealer, they said sure bring us the bike, pay $100.00 to Troubleshoot.  if it's the ECU. pay $550.00 for a new part plus 1.5 Labor hours @ $95.00/hour.  Said, nope, I will just replace it myself.

• Like 1

Yes, it was a combination of a bad ECU and Fuse Box Corrosion.  Once the owner gets it started, runs fine.  Now the issue is the battery is not charging.  Replace the Rectifier, got 14 vdc on the battery.  Now am only seeing 13 vdc.  When I have time , gonna have to verify the alternator output.  Then I am gonna have to make a new fuse box, can't buy one as you have to buy a complete wiring harness which is like $400.00  which the owner doesn't have. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Andreas Ahrens
      Hi All,
      Our Hisun is not making any power. Once you start to climb RPM's it almost sounds like the timing is out, it sputters and farts and doesn't want to climb RPM's at all. It starts fine though.
      I checked and set the valves, they were a bit tight but not bad. The spark plug is very black. The exhaust valves are a real nightmare to get to fyi.
      On the last service the dealer put the wrong plug in, so I'm switching that back to stock as soon as we get one. I'm also thinking the air filter should be checked/cleaned. 
      Any other things to check?
    • By Chad Rice
      HELP - my wife and i just bought a 2013 joyner trooper 1100 and we rode for 2 evenings with no problems. Went to ride last night and all of a sudden it acted like something was catching up and it didn't want to move easily. Whatever it was must've broke and now it moves with no problem but is making a rubbing/grinding noise somewhere in the backend. Could it be wheel bearing, differential, or something in cv shaft. Any info or similar experiences is appreciated. 
    • By Idadog
      Can anyone tell me if the clock on the instrument panel is in 24 hour mode only, and if not how to change to 12 hour mode.  Also it will not switch from clock to hours.  Defective?  Thanks.
    • By justingrider
      Good morning everyone, appreciate any help on this.  I picked up a 2013 Hisun 800 for a project.  Previous owner had fried a lot of the electrical with a bunch of aftermarket audio equipment, so I have been replacing all of the wiring to give it a fresh start.  I'm 95% there with a couple of plugs I can't figure out where they need to be routed and the reason for me reaching out for help here.
      1.  A female 2-port white plug that comes off the end of the main harness, close to the side where the terminal hook ups tap into the battery.  It has a Blue/black-stripe wire and a White/blue-stripe wire. (Pictures: https://ibb.co/m9PRDqX and
      https://ibb.co/9pHZsFj). I'm assuming it is another single offset fuse or module like the other pieces around it but can't find anything on what it might be or that wire color combination in the manual/wiring diagrams...anyone know what this guy goes to?
      2.  On the crank position sensor (torque sensor), the wires that I have coming off of that are a green wire and blue/light-gray-stripe wire (https://ibb.co/FmJLJfs)...any idea on where this guy is suppose to plug in to?
      Again, thanks for any help you can provide!
      -Justin

• By Travis
      Kawasaki is close to releasing all new models for 2021..... Maybe they would take a direct trade in for My mule? lol.