Quantcast

2013 KRF750S Teryx will not run.

Have a 2013 KRF750S Teryx  that starts and runs 10-12 seconds and then shuts down.  Also ,  notice the Multifunction Meter panel acts like it looses power. Turn the key off then back on, the Multifunction Meter panel starts up, then immediately shuts down.  The machine needs to set for at least an hour before trying to start then shuts down again.  [i.e. the symptoms repeat]  I believe the ECU is failing but don't want to make a $500.00 mistake  The service manual only addresses failing sensors, not the ECU.   Any ideas on how to test if the ECU is failing?  If it was a car/truck, my computer scanner will tell me.

It would lead me to believe a faulty Ignition Coil, but when you mention the Multifunction panel, sure sounds like the  ECU to me. I don't how to test them, i would contact your local Kawasaki dealer or Kawasaki directly to see if there is a procedure for testing one.

6 hours ago, Travis said:

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Awaiting for  new ECU to show up Tuesday the 16th.  Contacted the local dealer, they said sure bring us the bike, pay $100.00 to Troubleshoot.  if it's the ECU. pay $550.00 for a new part plus 1.5 Labor hours @ $95.00/hour.  Said, nope, I will just replace it myself.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yes, it was a combination of a bad ECU and Fuse Box Corrosion.  Once the owner gets it started, runs fine.  Now the issue is the battery is not charging.  Replace the Rectifier, got 14 vdc on the battery.  Now am only seeing 13 vdc.  When I have time , gonna have to verify the alternator output.  Then I am gonna have to make a new fuse box, can't buy one as you have to buy a complete wiring harness which is like $400.00  which the owner doesn't have. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bill L
      I have a 2018 Hisun Sector 250 that the DC power port has no power.  I don't think it ever did so that was my bad for never trying something in the port. I have a repair manual, not sure it covers a 2018 year, but the wire diagram shows the power port on the same line/fuse as the horn and the horn works.  Should it have power with the key off or only when running?  Any ideas? Thanks   Bill L
    • By Green Scout
      Hello everyone.
      Here I am showing our Green Scout electric all-terrain vehicle.
      All-terrain vehicle 6 wheeled, electric, side-turning. Rides, jumps, dances, swims, but does not fly. The drive is permanent (but you can turn off any wheel arbitrarily through the controller). The power of each wheel is 3 kW at its peak, the total power is 18 kW. Speed up to 60 km / h. Since the all-terrain vehicle is electric, it starts from a place quickly, drives silently (well, of course, the sound from tires and shock absorbers does not disappear).
      The idea of creating such an all-terrain vehicle came after the experience of operating the Argo all-terrain vehicle. The main disadvantages of the wheeled side-turning all-terrain vehicle are low ground clearance, lack of suspension. To get high ground clearance and suspension, there are two outputs on mini all-terrain vehicles - either electric drive or hydraulic. The hydraulics had to be excluded, since at temperatures below -30C it does not work, plus it always flows. As a result, we settled on an electric transmission. Each wheel is a motor-wheel. Naturally, the motor-wheels were being finalized to be able to be installed on an all-terrain vehicle and to be able to swim. The battery is iron-phosphate, all information on the battery, the charge is displayed on the smartphone. Control of the all-terrain vehicle through the on-board computer. Bicycle handlebar controls. Braking either with the sides through a turn of the steering wheel, or with the gas pedal of all wheels at once.
      Overview video of the all-terrain vehicle

• By CodyP
      I have a 2015 strike 1000 and it was very hard to start when I first got it. After pulling the fuel pump and cleaning everything it starts up and idles but just seems to not have any power won’t run over 20mph
    • By Michael Hudson
      So my wife picked out a brand new Hisun crew 4x4 750 axis 4x4. When it gets hot it shuts off. This vehicle has less than 20 miles. I'm the dark here. First I have no access to a trouble shooting guide and have even blindly performed the "wiggle tests" as I used to do as a drive ability tech on cars professionally. I'm not able to locate what's getting overheated to cause it to shut off. After awhile it'll start right up and no issues. While trying to duplicate the problem sitting at idle, it'll eventually cut off again. Again when cooled off will start again. 

I'm hating this machine and wished she'd gone with a pricier but more reliable sxs. My grizzly 550 rarely gives me issues that isn't my fault. 
    • eManualOnline
    • By Zero
      So i have a 2011 EFI 700. the SxS will crank right up everytime without any issues. If i let it run or ride it for about 10 mins it will shut off and then it may turn on if i am lucky but most time i have to let it sit for like 3 hours and then it will run again. i have done the following
      -New fuel filter
      -New injector
      -New spark plug
      -New coil pack and plug wire
      -New air filter

Also could i get a grizzly 660 engine and put in it or would it not work.