Quantcast

Textron 2018 stampede problem shifting gears

My 900 Stampede has been the same way since day 1. It doesn’t like up or downhill parking. You have to jerk it out of park and it makes me sick to do it. It gets bound up parking on an angle and I wish they’d find a fix for it. The best thing to do is leave it in gear. If you park uphill, leave it in Drive. Downhill, reverse. That’s what I do anyway. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/18/2019 at 8:17 AM, Bruce A. Revelle said:

My 900 Stampede has been the same way since day 1. It doesn’t like up or downhill parking. You have to jerk it out of park and it makes me sick to do it. It gets bound up parking on an angle and I wish they’d find a fix for it. The best thing to do is leave it in gear. If you park uphill, leave it in Drive. Downhill, reverse. That’s what I do anyway. 

I was excited to read this, as my machine is the same way.  Get's really tight to pop out of park when on a hill (ie the park pawls in the transmission are holding a load)  What you describe is exactly what I do with my Prowler, as the parking brake on that machine is just junk.  Leave it in L or H if its facing downhill, leave it in R if uphill. Not sure why I didn't think of trying that with the Stampede.  I tried it yesterday and my machine just rolls in gear (with the engine off of course), so no luck for me.

Get a boat trailer wheel chock and use it. The shifter cable is rather fragile where it connects up front just past the dash. I bent mine in two rocking it back and forth when I found myself high centered the second day I had it. There are many aspects I like about my Stampede and many I don’t. It’s too loud and no one makes an after-market system to quieten it. It needs more ground clearance. The motor puts off too much heat. I have to admit I’ve had buyers remorse.   

• 5 months later...

I have had a Bad Boy Stampede for almost two years now. I really like the machine but it seems like everytime I run it over 40 mph for more then a couple hundred yards it starts leaking antifreeze. The mechanic says it's a seal in the water pump, I've went through three water pumps now. Does anyone else have this problem?  And if so is there a fix for this? 

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

2016 stampeded 900 bad boy-----shifter cable finally gave way....had to reverse the  cable and re-bend the other end.  mechanic gave similar advice tp shift gears, turn off the engine, shift an then restart it back up.  seems to be working fine now.. what I am looking for is a means of obtaining replacement parts. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.