Quantcast

BAER

Textron 2018 stampede problem shifting gears

Have a lot of problems shifting gears on a hill, anyone have this problem 

My 900 Stampede has been the same way since day 1. It doesn’t like up or downhill parking. You have to jerk it out of park and it makes me sick to do it. It gets bound up parking on an angle and I wish they’d find a fix for it. The best thing to do is leave it in gear. If you park uphill, leave it in Drive. Downhill, reverse. That’s what I do anyway. 

My  2017 Challenger and all of my previous rangers, rzrs, and rhinos did the same.   Just watch where you put it in park.

My 2018 Textron Stampede has problem shifting gears as well.  It does get stuck on hills in Park.  I have to turn the engine off, change gears and then start the engine again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By OldGoatLover
      I bought this thing last September.  The farm store was extremely nice. 
      But, forget asking for any advice like in the old days.  They only SELL them and tell you to call the Dallas tech person.  
      During the week days - I don't have time.  
      Oil change:  If there is someone who can tell me why the owner's manual (and the internet) says it holds 2 and 1/2 quarts of oil but, my mechanic could only get 1 and 1/2 quarts in it and there is NO oil filter.  
      Please help.  

• By Rasken
      Hi. 
      After i put on my Yamaha r6 carbs on my Joyner 650, my distributor failed, it stopped working. Then i put in a new one, and that also failed. It happens when i run a few minutes at max speed, about 60mph. Its not the rotor or cap, its something else. 
      So, is there something i can do to make it hold? What could be the problem? Or is it just bad luck? 
      Is there anyway to rebuild the distributor to make it better? 
      /Jonas
    • By James Moore
      First post here hope it is in right place as I get familiar with sight. Have a 2003 550 mule,kaf-300-c7. Put on a new carburetor  as old one was in bad shape, jet was frozen in body, although it cranked and idled fine. The problem is: it will crank and idle fine BUT with a slight movement of throttle it wants to die and when more throttle is given it picks up and runs fine. The old carb. and new one does the same thing. The adjustment with the plastic stop does no good. At a loss here. Could it be the fuel pump, as I know nothing about these kind of pumps. any help will be appreciated.
       Thanks, Jim.

• By Mike Turner
      American SportWorks LM 650 won’t start at times. Starter won’t engage the solenoid just “clicks” much like a weak battery would cause. Battery was replaced and problem went away and then came back. Replaced positive battery terminal. Problem resolved then returned. Replaced negative battery terminal. Problem gone then returned. Replaced the positive and negative battery cable ends. Problem resolved and now returned. The repair lasts for maybe 12 starts, then the solenoid just “clicks” again as it will with a weak battery. So I replaced the ignition switch. Problem solved for a week. With each “fix” the problem is resolved but only temporarily. Does anyone have any suggestions ? To replace the starter is expensive especially if it’s not the problem. 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Redwood223
      Where can I get rear shocks either OEM or aftermarket for my Textron Stampede SxS?
      Thanks in advance for your help!!
    • By Ryangrfx
      Just bought my son and I a used 2018 Stampede....
      Drove it for 2 days everything seemed great.  But then today, we had it sitting outside got back in to take off and it would only do like 5 mph with the gas to the floor ... WTH?  Have it in high gear... I'm far from a mechanic but have no clue.  Literally 30 minutes before hand we were doing 40mph.    
      I did notice the engine light on but only had 2 bars ... he usually drives so I dont know if that is always on or not.  I looked at the owners manual and it stated that the bars and backlight flash when overheated ...
      I have no clue.  Need help... son is worried he did something to it...
      Please advise... thank u

Rob
    • By Bruce A. Revelle
      I have a Bad Boy Stampede 900 and would like to know if anyone sells a seatbelt by-pass for the accelerator.
    • By Alex
      bad boy off road SIDE-BY-SIDEs
      4-PASSENGER STAMPEDE XTR EPS+ $16,799 Jet Black Electric Blue Platinum DETAILSBUILD & PRICE 4-PASSENGER STAMPEDE XTR EPS $15,999 Forest Green Inferno Red Jet Black Realtree Xtra DETAILSBUILD & PRICE 2-PASSENGER STAMPEDE EPS+ $15,599 Platinum Jet Black Inferno Red Electric Blue DETAILSBUILD & PRICE 2-PASSENGER STAMPEDE EPS $14,799 Jet Black Forest Green Inferno Red Pure White Realtree Xtra DETAILSBUILD & PRICE 2-PASSENGER STAMPEDE $13,799 Forest Green Inferno Red DETAILSBUILD & PRICE 4-PASSENGER RECOIL iS CREW $14,999 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Max-5 Realtree Xtra DETAILS 2-PASSENGER RECOIL iS $13,999 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS 4-PASSENGER RECOIL iS $14,307 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS 2-PASSENGER RECOIL $9,949 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS 4-PASSENGER RECOIL $10,257 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS 2-PASSENGER AMBUSH iS $14,999 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS 4-PASSENGER AMBUSH iS $15,414 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS