Quantcast

Bad boy stampede will not rev

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

There seems to be two levels of 'limp mode', when the  computer's 'on board diagnostics' (OBD) reads that one or more sensors are out of a predetermined range it typically will not let you operate the unit at full power but still allows you to get home instead of leaving you stranded.

That said, I have had an unresolved intermittent problem that has caused me to go into a limp mode like I just described (and seems to be hour problem too Vic), AND I have had a more serious limp mode that won't let the engine go much off of an idle.

Hope that helps, if I get my issue(s) figured out I will be sure to reply with the solution mine needed seeing as there's almost no info for these machines anywhere online!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a 2017 Stampede that I purchased from a relative, it ran fine for about a month, then on the way to a neighbors place, less than a mile away, it went into a limp mode and will go over 3 to 5 miles an hour and slower on an incline. The engine symbol in the middle of the dash is flashing when I turn it on, and continues to flash as I drive it. It seems to have some power when I 1st start it, then losses power quickly as it heat ups. I am wondering if there is a high temp condition that is causing it to go into limp mode? Hs anyone else had this problem and what can I check next? I did check the radiator and overflow tank and both seem fine. There is very little information I can find on this UTV?

Lee

• 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hi sun 500
      hello everyone, i just joined this forum to try my luck, few days ago i bought an old (dont know exactly), 2011/14 hi sun 500cc ""carburated"",  was not running at the time, but i fell was a good deal and decided it to bring it home to play with it, this is the issue, i bought and installed a new carb, and pump, i repositioned the battery location and upgraded to a "car batt", reconnected the fuel lines and started it, but it only runs with the choke ON, i checked the bowl, it does have fuel,but for some reason wont inject it to run, i came across a video that say that ""the body small tank had to be connected for the cart to run" (was deleted when bought), sure enough i got it to run sporadically , but the so called ""small body tank'' often runs out of fuel and wont refill itself , i had to couple times do it manually, so how does that small tank works ?..what does it do?..and why if  bypass it , the cart wont start?....any help?..thanks so much!!!
    • By alevins
      Good day all, 
      searching here but cannot find the answer,  Hisun been working fine and now reverse limiter seems to be engaging and cannot back up, cannot find a clear solution to disable the limiter. found a possible relay?  not sure which one or to cuut a wire at ecu but a picture or diagram would be helpful
      thank you for any help in advance
    • By weasel
      starts up you have keep rpms up for 5 minutes till it warms up then runs fine. But if it stalls wont start unless you unplug fuel pump and hold it to the floor till it starts then plug pump back in and run it till it warms up then it is fine all day.
    • By Felderlostnspace
      2016, Hisun 500 turns over great but Spark plug is firing when I turn the ignition key on. I’ve got good fuel pressure to the injector. Pulled plug out and it is wet with. gasoline. Air filter is clean. Turns over great just does not even try to pop or start.. I’ve checked off uses and they are good when I turn the key on I’m getting power to the injector.. I’m not hearing the injector pulsing, but may just be my hearing.. With the spark plug getting wet with gas I feel like the injector is pulsing and spraying. Any suggestions would be great. I don’t know the hours on the unit offhand, but it has 600 miles on it. Thank you for your comments and advanced.
    • By Kingfish
      I've had a battery failure and need one replacement.  The local distributor told me it might take up to four weeks to get one.  I'd like to order one in sooner than that if possible.  Any help would be appreciated.