Quantcast

Hello everyone.  I purchased a 2017 Challenger 750 eps Crew with 400 miles and find the exhaust noise is awful.  I saw in another post chatter about a 2019 exhaust upgrade?  Anyone have info on this?  I also would like to know the typical RPMs for speed.  I am running 4k at 20mph in hi range and it seems like it does not have the power I expected.  

So far I have added a custom mount rear winch, soft rear window and upgraded LED headligjt bulbs.  I am looking for any other upgrades people have done.

Cub Cadet specifies the top speed as 45 MPH for this model. 

wonder if the exhaust noise and low speed are linked somehow

Well that could be.  I have seen other complaints about the noise.  I dont have anything to judge it by.  I am going to take it to the dealer and have him go through it.  The machine is like new and Im getting 15 miles per gallon so it seems like engine is running efficiently.

• Like 1

The exhaust upgrade does not do much for the noise, it just removes the likelihood of breaking the pipe going to the muffler.  Most of my noise cam from a cracked pipe. It helps to duct the air piping from the clutch to the rear of the cab.  Both intake and exhaust.  Mine runs 5500 rpm at 40 mph.  6000 at 45.  The gas mileage was much closer to 25 mph.

Bought the cadet used. No warranty.  Got the upgrade at Motorcycle Doctor in Camdenton Mo,  close to $900.  Dealer was closer to 1300 installed.

Thanks.  Craig out there is a wealth of knowledge and super helpful.  I have to call him for some mounts to add an LED so will ask about it.

Craig was very helpful.  I also put a yoga mat under the seat to muffler that noise.  It all helps.  Good luck

Hmmmm... interesting.  I will take a look at doing that.  I have read alot of ideas and will keep trying.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Breaux
      Got a 2017 Massimo MSU500 UTV with thermostat malfunction.. hot light comes on in 4-5 minutes but radiator is ice cold... where exactly is it?  The hose neck on the head has nothing in it.  I was told it was down by oil drain plug.. only thing I see is water pump.. Is in inside pump housing?  Cant find any exploded diagrams that show it.. how to I remove it? any help would be appreciated
    • By Tyrone
      Have anyone ever install a aftermarket eps kit on a cub challenger 550 or universal  kits
    • By johnpeter
      2019 Polaris RZR S4 1000 EPS Titanium Mettalic On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Polaris-RZR-S4-1000-EPS-Titanium-Mettalic/124195429179?

• By johnpeter
      2017 Can-am Maverick X3 Turbo R On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Can-Am-Maverick-X3-Turbo-R-ATV-UTV-SIDE-BY-SIDE/313087823595?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Chris Howland
      Hi all, Im looking for the valve clearance specs for a 2017 cub cadet challenger 750. Any help would be appreciated.

• By Verno
      I installed the 2019 exhaust upgrade yesterday.  Overall went very well, but my rear driveshaft / u_joints are extremely hot.   Is there some sort of heat shield that should be added.  TIA for any input
    • By Chris B Legge
      I have checked that the fan operates if you bypass it, I have checked the fuses, I have checked the relays but the fan does not come on and overheats. Has anyone had this experience. HELP!!

Chris Legge
    • By PierceIt
      Hi everyone - I was driving my 2017 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS today on the ranch when it dies on me. It started right up - and then as i was driving after about 50 feet the engine just turned off. It was running perfect before it cut out on me. No alarms, no weird sounds or smells. It just turned off. 
      When I turn the ignition key, the starter cranks away and the battery and starter turns fast and strong - but the engine doesn't start.
      I've confirmed gas flow to the carb - that the fuel filters are clean and clear. I've replaced the spark plug with a brand new one. I checked every fuse with a meter. I have confirmed air filters and airflow are good. 
      But the darn thing cranks away without the engine even making a sputter or even attempting to fire.
      Is there a kill switch somewhere that could have been tripped? I checked the seatbelt sensor, the brake sensor, and parking gear sensor - all are working and i'm in Park, pressing down on the brake, and have the seatbelt latched when i try to start. but - nada!
      It acts like it isn't getting a spark. but like i said i put in a new spark plug. I have a feeling there is a sensor or an electrical kill switch somewhere that tripped. 
      open to any ideas.
      thanks all
      Pierce
    • By Larry Black
      My 2018 challenger 750 needs rear shocks, are there any aftermarket ones available that aren't $350 each??