Quantcast

2009 - Hisun 700 - Mystery Part under drivers seat

Im in the same boat as you, when you look at the manual or the replacement part, the lower fat hose is a high heat hose, I spoke to a mechanic who in Canada is supposed to be the whos who for these machines he said it attaches to the exhaust system, mine looks like it broke off - but in the same breath he said they just take them off and seal off the vacuum hose portion (did not get exactly how he did that so bought a new one just to be safe) so I will look this weekend to see if i can find the exhaust port that it supposed to go to and see if that fixes my no idle issue - it was running fine up until 2 weeks ago then just wouldn't idle.  Put in new carb, gas line, filters the works, waiting on ignition cable and fuel pump just to be safe to see if that works.

Thanks

well.... mine is definitely not attached and it idles fine....

If there is an exhaust port that this attaches to please take a pic and post....I am getting occasional fumes in to the cab and if there is an open port that would prob be the source.

I plan on removing it completely as from what I have read it was there to meet environmental standards.....

(Can't remember where I read that but since mine seems to be running fine without it I will go with the assumption that it is not critical for operation)😀

• 1 month later...

If you lift the back, look at the exhaust and just above it is the port here is the parts breakdown - the guy told me to remove it, seal it with smaller length screws and plug the hose or

remove it completely - my guess is that i just take out the 3 way connector, connect it directly to the fuel pump and see what that does.

image.thumb.png.568bfa5191ffcc3486d251a715d2f19c.png

secondary air intake.png

• 6 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 2:51 PM, William said:

Im in the same boat as you, when you look at the manual or the replacement part, the lower fat hose is a high heat hose, I spoke to a mechanic who in Canada is supposed to be the whos who for these machines he said it attaches to the exhaust system, mine looks like it broke off - but in the same breath he said they just take them off and seal off the vacuum hose portion (did not get exactly how he did that so bought a new one just to be safe) so I will look this weekend to see if i can find the exhaust port that it supposed to go to and see if that fixes my no idle issue - it was running fine up until 2 weeks ago then just wouldn't idle.  Put in new carb, gas line, filters the works, waiting on ignition cable and fuel pump just to be safe to see if that works.

Thanks

Was the Canada guru named Aaron? He's been helping me with TONS of advice on the Hisun owner's group on Facebook. Wealth of Hisun knowledge. :)