Quantcast

I haven’t minded the heat much so far.  It seems to come out of the nose from the radiation more than the engine room it feels like.  

When I first bought it I initially thought it was decently quiet.  Then I put a roof on it, and I think that was a major factor in the sound reverberating in the cab.  It was pretty obnoxious for a while.  What I did that definitely helped a fair bit :  insulated under the rear seat and around the sides of the rear seat with reflectx bubble wrap foil insulation.  Just cut and layer pieces in there.  Stuffed one in from under the bed on top of the engine as best I could, and left it long so it folds up and fits between the cab and the bed.  I can’t say how much that helped, but it didn’t hurt.  The other thing I did was insulated the roof, ideally I wanted to glue up acoustic foam, but didn’t want to experiment with the price tag.  So I ended up zip tying in a cheap $15 sleeping bag as a headliner.  And pulled the soft rear window off my Prowler and stuck it on the back.  The combination of these three things made a notable difference.  I’d still like it to be quieter, but we no longer cringe or wear earmuffs (and I’m pretty anal with my hearing).  

mine is the four seater, but you could apply all these ideas to the two seater as well.  

• 6 months later...

Try DEI Powersports for heat reduction.  They are making some custom heat shielding packages to keep engine heat where it belongs.  They make both heat reflective kits and heat expelling fan kits to push cool air in /circulate the heat back out. They don't make a kit specific to Textron / Artic Cat/ Tracker yet but you can buy the adhesive back reflective insulation and customize it to fit...   Works really well to deaden some sound but especially to keep the heat from transferring into the cab... I just baked driving/especially climbing up  in 105 degree heat in Hell's canyon last summer but, after adding some of this across & under my seat back firewall facing the engine - It's way better...  I also replaced my flat windshield with a fold down version to let the breeze in despite wearing a few bugs. :) .  I'll be adding a circulating exhaust fan under the seat next.  DEI is doing some pretty innovative stuff to reduce heat so check it out... The more we ask, the more likely they will likely add kit options specific to our rigs... 

You can also look to add a Silent Rider slide on Muffler or Kolpin Stealth Exhaust kit to deaden a lot of the exhaust sound... 

Thanks! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.