Quantcast

1999 Kawasaki Mule 2500 Primary Clutch Dissassembly

Mikey

I am trying to dissassemble my  primarty clutch. I removed the obvious bolts and separated the main mechanisim cover from the body of the clutch but I cannot see how to separate the thin sheave from the body of the clutch. I am guessing it is threaded to the splined shaft. Not sure if it is a right hand or a left hand thread.  Anybody have a source for dissassembly instructions?   I already tried Youtube with no results.

Many thanks, Mike

IMG_4570.JPG

IMG_4571.JPG

IMG_4572.JPG

E1391.GIF

I believe its 59302 in the bottom right corner, appears to be splined. I took mine apart awhile back and my manual explained it very clearly. Though our two drive clutches are designed differently .

But i think you're next best bet is going  to be a service manual  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=mule+2500+service+manual&_sacat=0

• Like 1

@Travis Many thanks for the quick reply.  I am dissassembling a used and "supposedly" good clutch. Mine looks exactly like the exploded view you sent. I did check my manual as you suggested and I don't see the 2 pieces of 92022 split ring in my clutch making me think that maybe they are missing. However my spider (49050) seems frozen to the thin sheave shaft (59302).  I sprayed the spline well with penetrating oil and hit it pretty hard with a hammer but the splined shaft will not budge from the spider.  I hate to ruin the clutch as they are quite expensive and I was happy to get this "working" clutch on a bad engine I bought last week to rebuild just to have a spare for my mule.  Any other ideas?   Do you recall removing you split ring and have any advice there. I wonder if the split ring could be jammed inside the spline? Here is a close up pic of the position between my spider and the splined shaft of the thin sheave. They are locked fast together and I see no evidence of a split ring????? 

IMG_4573.JPG

@Travis Hi Travis,  Many thanks but I put it in a big press and finally got it to come apart. The spline connection was  really corroded from sitting I think outside in the rain. The split ring is there but on the other side of the spider. i have a lot of cleaning to do but I think it will be a good clutch when I am done.  Many thanks for the help once again!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.