Quantcast

Joe Toup

Troubleshooting Fault Codes Pt II

Team, this guy posted some great info on a FB forum I am in for Massimos.  He offers softeare and “how to” for looking at real time data from the ECU.  I get no $ from it, not endorsing it, just passing it along in case someone else is as curious as I am.  I looked it over and it seems legit.  He has the pin outs correct and the software does look promising.  The cable I built for myself is very similar to one he shows.  Might be worth a look to try and find ways to troubleshoot these machine better. 

(Link edited - Previous link was bad - This one should work)

https://www.norwestsuspension.com/delphi-mt-05-diagnostics-readerrecorder

1 hour ago, Joe Toup said:

Team, this guy posted some great info on a FB forum I am in for Massimos.  He offers softeare and “how to” for looking at real time data from the ECU.  I get no $ from it, not endorsing it, just passing it along in case someone else is as curious as I am.  I looked it over and it seems legit.  He has the pin outs correct and the software does look promising.  The cable I built for myself is very similar to one he shows.  Might be worth a look to try and find ways to troubleshoot these machine better. 

https://www.norwestsuspension.com/odes-tech/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2&p=2&sid=ec1c97b31346f51fe059d1b33f14035e&fbclid=IwAR0NXRqJqSeL3D8dwMGuahLOFW8bnJ2Ec5s-DPuSfsg5rMH7Qz1avSjZc2c#p2

Joe, I was using PCHUD for several years but the problem with that was you needed to be running a 32 bit OS which I did in a VM enviroment, This new software is based off of PCHUD except can be used on a 64 bit OS. So I made the switch to the new software from Elmu and once I ran it through it's paces I changed the PCHUD tutorial to HUD ECU Hacker software.

I am not looking to screw anyone over and have tested this software and the cables I made on several different machines.

I am not the creator of the software but I did write up that tutorial as I do contract work for a local Bennche/Massimo/Odes/Intimidator dealer.

Everything listed that I link to purchase I have verified it does work w/o issues on these machines.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 5:34 AM, Joe Toup said:

https://www.norwestsuspension.com/odes-tech/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2&p=2&sid=ec1c97b31346f51fe059d1b33f14035e&fbclid=IwAR0NXRqJqSeL3D8dwMGuahLOFW8bnJ2Ec5s-DPuSfsg5rMH7Qz1avSjZc2c#p2

Joe, That link you posted is no longer valid as I performed an update and it didn't seem to like it so I moved to a different page.

https://www.norwestsuspension.com/delphi-mt-05-diagnostics-readerrecorder

Sounds great.  My USB cable arrives today.  I downloaded the software. I’m giving it a go once I get the cable. I’ll post my results so others can see.