Quantcast

2015 Dominator with 30" Rockabillys

2wpuller

Just finished getting the 30×10×14 on today. My soninlaw had them on when I got home from work. It was raining this evening couldn't go for a ride. The front rubs when they are turned.I might relocate the A arms forward a couple of inches. To get the clearance needed. Sure makes the machine look different. It has the short A arms

20201125_170819.jpg

20201125_170931.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

• Like 1

It only rubbing when I was backing out of the shop turned really sharp barely heard it on the floorboards . It turns alot sharper with the Polaris rack than Odes one.My soninlaw has a set of 1.5" spacers I could try . But I think it would make it worse. We might be going out tomorrow. I'll find out how everything works.

Thank for the suggestion.

Lift kit, or spacers, or both. If that doesn't work, you'll have to learn to live with it. Or possibly you could limit the turn radius, by adding, or changing the steering stops. Or run  smaller tires. 

The gentle rubbing while  turning on a mostly flat floor isn't the real problem in the long run. The real problem is hitting a rock, or pothole while turning at speed. That'll cause bump steer. So be aware of that when you're out there wheeling. 

• Like 1

We finally was able to get to the trails today. They're in Sullivan mo.
Moonlight Offroad park.
All I can say about the way the Dominator performed is WOW
I was well worth every minute we put into all the work on the suspension. It is enjoyable to ride in now doesn't beat you up. It almost like riding in my son's 1000XP RZR
It rent up hills alot easier than when it was stock suspension. 30" Rockabillys work great. And power steering and Polaris rack turns alot sharper that the original one.

It didn't rub real bad .we just going to modified the little spot where it's hitting. 

The suspension is working so good don't want to adjust the springs their set for perfect shock length travel also for CV shafts max movement. According to the Shock therapy saying how to set up the shock.

Thanks for your input. I'm always willing to listen to others. O almost forgot we tried a 1.5 spacer actually made it worse. 

20201128_151439.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.