Quantcast

Coleman outfitter 550

I purchased my 550 from Tractor Supply in November 2019.  I have 52 hours on it now.  

You commented on my oil changing shenanigans I noticed.  Other than purchasing the jaw style style filter wrench and using Mobil 1 10w-40 4t (2.5 qts), my other suggestion would be alter your maintenance schedule from what the manual states.  When I changed the factory oil at ~33 hours, it was opaque turd colored and had gritty particulate in it.  Not good.  I know some of that is expected during break in, but it was way nastier than any other break in oil I have changed on other units I own.  The manual, iirc, states to change the oil at 50 hours, then every 200 hours after.  I intend to not follow that.  I will not go more than 50 hours unless I see a dramatic improvement in the quality of the used oil.  I also use a blackstone labs to give me a break down of the oil for my other toys.  I suggest getting the lab work done at your second oil change.  It will at least let you know what you might be in for down the road.

Also, you need to grease the zerks.  And there are  A LOT of them.  Some are very difficult, if not impossible, to get to.  Someone should be beaten for that.

The only issue I have had with mine other than the oil filter fiasco is a dragging brake.  I still have not fixed it.  Maybe some day. 

I found a filter wrench that is like a socket and it fit over the end of the filter. I then just put a 3/8" ratchet wrench on it and it came off very easily, which I was pretty surprised. I agree with the accelerated oil change interval, especially during earlier periods. I use Royal Purple in all my vehicles and  have had great luck. I too have used Blackstone, and think I will send in a sample at next oil change. Mine is also a 2019 purchased from Tractor Supply.

Shifting can be tricky some times but I believe I can do some adjusting on the linkages and remedy that. Can't figure out why they used the design they did for shifting rather than using one shift cable ???

• 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By RayAR
      Greetings, newbie signing on. 
      thanks
    • By Bret4207
      2019 Coleman Outfitter 550, 160-ish hours. Was driving it slowly and it just slowed down and died. Won't start. Pops once as soon as I start cranking and that's it. I have great blue white spark on the spark tester, jumps 1/2". Changed injector, no joy. Changed plugs to new several times, no joy. Pulled injector power wire and tried ether through air intake after removing air filters- nothing! I do notice if I put my hand over the air intake where the filter goes, I get pressure  pushing back at me. Jumped time? Stuck valve? Is there a decompressor on this that could be malfunc?

This is the one I've had that was inop for months and months while Coleman tried to find someone to fix it. Warranty is long expired now. I'll never have anything good to say about this thing.
    • By Mac1942
      Take protective plate off under the rear axle brake and loosen the large adjustment bolt until the parking brake is free, Then tighten the brake cable nuts on the left cable attached to the main brake pedal until the slack is out enough that stepping on the main brake releases the parking brake. Once released, the large adjustment bolt for the parking brake assembly can be adjusted to the desired tension to keep the UTV parked when the parking brake is applied. Then it is simply a matter of adjusting the parking brake cable to allow the main brake to release the parking brake. Replace the steel protective plate under the rear axle and your are done.
    • By keishia morgan
      I have a 2011 cf Moto z6. When the battery is hooked up it starts cranking on its own! Is there anyone else who has experienced this or could anyone give me suggestions on what it may be?
    • eManualOnline
    • By rhinoknockoff
      I have a Coleman (Hisun 700 engine) vintage 2014 model. It is my beater for around my acreage so it gets very little use. Have a much nicer ride for going on road and trail runs. Anyway, this year I notice at startup with a cold engine the high temp warning light comes on right away and does not go off. Engine does not seem to overheat but the radiator fan never seems to come on-but may not be running it long and hard enough for that to happen. 
      Any ideas why the engine high temp warning light would come on and stay lit with the engine cold?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By rhinoknockoff
      I have a Coleman (Hisun 700 engine) vintage 2014 model. It is my beater for around my acreage so it gets very little use. Have a much nicer ride for going on road and trail runs. Anyway, this year I notice at startup with a cold engine the high temp warning light comes on right away and does not go off. Engine does not seem to overheat but the radiator fan never seems to come on-but may not be running it long and hard enough for that to happen. 
      Any ideas why the engine high temp warning light would come on and stay lit with the engine cold?
    • By RDD
      Have a 2019 Coleman Outfitter 550.  only 30 hrs on it.    Just quit running.  Found the F8 fuse blown.  Replaced and blew again.  Traced ALL wires and found nothing.  Replaced all  relays and fuse so it starts up but hit the brake pedal and it blows the fuse again and will not start.   Retraced the wires and found nothing damaged.   Any Ideas?   Coleman is NO HELP at all
    • By tsheh4
      For whats its worth, I emailed Coleman about getting my MSO and the guy there was able to send me a current manual for my buggy, the one it cane with and the one on Tractor supplies website seems to be for an older model. Nothing seems to have changed except for the column mounted controls.
    • By cliffyk
      Here are a couple more 3D printer files for the HS400/Coleman UT400 & Outfiltter 400. Included in the .zip file are my version of a seat belt interlock defeat insert (SeatBeltThing-01.stl) and an oil filler adapter allowing a 1/2"I.D. hose to be attached making adding oil a less messy operation (OIlFiller-whole-03.stl) --both may also work on other UTVs with similar the seat belt connectors and a 3/4" x 10  threaded dipstick...
    • By cliffyk
      View File HS400 Seat Belt Defeat and Oil Filler 3D
      Here are a couple more 3D printer files for the HS400/Coleman UT400 & Outfiltter 400. Included in the .zip file are my version of a seat belt interlock defeat insert (SeatBeltThing-01.stl)and an oil filler adapter allowing a 1/2"I.D. hose to be attached making adding oil a less messy operation (OIlFiller-whole-03.stl) --both may also work on other UTVs with similar the seat belt connectors and a 3/4" x 10  threaded dipstick...
      Submitter cliffyk Submitted 04/20/2021 Category Hisun