Quantcast

Coleman Outfitter 400; Hisun HS400 front anti-roll bar...

cliffyk

I had mentioned in a previous post that I had removed the front anti-roll bar from my 2020 Outfitter 400; I ran that way for a month or so without noticing any downside however recently I installed a 'suicide knob" (see below) to assist my Parkinson's disease affected arms in turning the beast--but after doing so i found that in the quicker, tighter turns the knob permitted the vehicle would nosedive a bit, dig in, and plow  on hard surfaces--not scary, but quite noticeably.

So I put the bar back on. Then today I got about 1-1/2 miles down the main road on the nearby power lines, turned around and came home to take it off--with the bar on, at 25 to 30 MPH, the front-end of the beast jumped like rabbit at each bump in either wheel rut., for a nearly brutal and quite uncomfortable ride. the bar (20 mm solid steel) is far too robust for the weight of the vehicle. The front bar on my 3900 lb. Infinity M37 is 30 mm...

suicide knob--for you younger folks:
SuicideKnob-00.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Generally speaking that will be the case for any vehicle, same as your car/truck. The antiroll bar is to control body lean during high speed turns, and lower the risk of rollover. If you are careful to not make high-speed turns you should be fine.

Offroaders routinely disconnect their roll bars, and some higher end off road vehicles actually have electronically disconnectable ones (so you can keep them connected for the road, and disconnect when offroading)