Quantcast

Coolant leak

kenfain

So I've been chasing this leak for a year or so. It'll leave a few drops underneath the front end. Right on the concrete where it's parked when not in use. Nothing bad, but it's been getting worse. 

So with some time on my hands today, I decided to solve this once and for all. So I spent a couple hours removing the front grille. To get everything fully exposed. Before, I was having to blindly reach into cracks, and tiny holes to tighten clamps. This thing is sealed up pretty tight. 

Removing the front grille is a tedious process. Where there's several things that have to be removed, to expose the bolts to remove what you need to actually get to. 

20210126_135603.jpg

So after all of this, I put the pressure test on it. Looks like it's holding pressure so far. 

The moral of this story is. I probably should've just replaced the cap, and hoped for the best lol. Just kidding, I knew it was probably leaking at the cap. I just wanted to make certain that it wasn't leaking anywhere else.

But since it's never been flushed. I'm going to take advantage of the open access and do that as well. Another reason for pulling it apart. Side note; if you don't absolutely have to disassemble the front end... I highly recommend that you don't. Kawasaki did not make this an easy task. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.