Quantcast

2021 Massimo MSU 800 Max Tire Size

Blair

• Alex changed the title to 2021 Massimo MSU 800 Max Tire Size

I can't advise about the tire size, but I can tell you that changing to a larger tire will definitely effect the power of the unit. Also, if it has any kind of power assisted steering, it will be more stress on the steering, which could result in increased steering effort and possibly too much strain on the power steering system.

• Like 1

Well...I guess I need to reconsider my mod. I sure didn't account for all of that. I shoulda mentioned, it's going to be a street legal pavement queen. I'm getting DOT tires and thought it would be nice to beef it up just a little since I'm going to get new wheels as well. Can you suggest anything to me? BTW appreciate the in depth research/knowledge. 

I put larger tires on a Dodge Dakota years ago. I figured that the larger mud and snow tread would help in the winter. Being that this was a manual transmission (this was a basic regular cab 4X4 no frills truck), it really dropped the power significantly. Learned an expensive lesson then. 

If there's a way to change the final drive gearing, that would help. But that's also an expensive ordeal. 

2 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

I put larger tires on a Dodge Dakota years ago. I figured that the larger mud and snow tread would help in the winter. Being that this was a manual transmission (this was a basic regular cab 4X4 no frills truck), it really dropped the power significantly. Learned an expensive lesson then. 

If there's a way to change the final drive gearing, that would help. But that's also an expensive ordeal. 

Appreciate the info brother. Good to know.