Quantcast

Landmaster hybrid utv

Does any of you utv enthusiast own a "hybrid " model. I have researched for hours and the only true hybrid I could find has been discontinued since 2016. It was made by American Landmaster. I know there are a few companies that have hybrids but the gas motor on them is only a generator to keep the electric running. The Landmaster hybrid actually had a Subaru Gas engine and an electric motor as well. The electric ran the front axle and tires and the gas would run the back. To me this sounds like the perfect match but American Landmaster said they did not sell many so they discontinued them. You had a choice to run all gas, all electric, or both. The nice thing is when you ran the gas it would charge the batteries as well. I lease some hunting land and I think this combo would be excellent for me. I could run the gas to do food plots, put up and maintain stands or any other "off season" projects. During hunting season I could use the electric for a little more silent ride. What do you guys (and gals) think? Does anyone have one? Do you know of anyone? All and info positive or negative would be appreciated! Thanks in advance - Scott 

Main thing to consider is if you were to find a machine that fits your needs (electric/gas powered) i would not buy it unless it is from a reputable brand, and WHEN it breaks down, you know you can find the parts  to fix it.  and to be honest, the more electricity there is on the machine, the more problems can occur. Maybe i'm just old fashioned, but that's the way i see it, i'll take mechanical over electric any day of the week.

I agree with Travis. "Hybrid" to me means "two" primary  systems to fail--not just one.

If electric vehicles made sense Baker Electric would not have failed in 1916 The only fundamental difference between a Baker and a Telsa is battery technology.

"The last time a machine started and ran properly may well have been the last time it will start and run properly".
-George Monroe- (a Scottish Stationary Steam Engineer and my maternal grandfather).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/9/2021 at 3:32 PM, scotthunts said:

Does any of you utv enthusiast own a "hybrid " model. I have researched for hours and the only true hybrid I could find has been discontinued since 2016. It was made by American Landmaster. I know there are a few companies that have hybrids but the gas motor on them is only a generator to keep the electric running. The Landmaster hybrid actually had a Subaru Gas engine and an electric motor as well. The electric ran the front axle and tires and the gas would run the back. To me this sounds like the perfect match but American Landmaster said they did not sell many so they discontinued them. You had a choice to run all gas, all electric, or both. The nice thing is when you ran the gas it would charge the batteries as well. I lease some hunting land and I think this combo would be excellent for me. I could run the gas to do food plots, put up and maintain stands or any other "off season" projects. During hunting season I could use the electric for a little more silent ride. What do you guys (and gals) think? Does anyone have one? Do you know of anyone? All and info positive or negative would be appreciated! Thanks in advance - Scott 

I own one of these. feel free to shoot me a message.