Quantcast

Hisun E1 Charge Port

Gorj

I have never liked the cord in the glove box to charge the E1. It takes up to much room and in the winter the cord is very stiff. So I decided to  install a charge port like the EV's have. I purchased a weatherproof socket to install in the side of the E1. Wired the charge cable to the socket and installed it.  So much easier now to plug the charge cord into the socket, and I have more room in the glove box.

On another note: Since I have owned the E1 I have noticed a rattle in the right front area but I never could locate it until last week when I had the E1 up in the air on a lift. When I grabbed the right front wheel it a play in it.  So I removed the wheel and torqued the nut on the drive shaft and the play is gone.  I am thinking when it was assembled the nut was just hand tightened and the cotter pin installed.  I also found that the left front nut was not tight either. Backs were OK.

Hisun charge port 1.jpg

Hisun charge port 2.jpg

• Like 2

Very neat. I might do this myself. The cable in the glove box is such an afterthought. Mine even has a UK plug on it that came from Tesco - our biggest supermarket chain - rather than anything branded. Interesting what you say about loose nuts. My buggy knocks and clatters like it's falling apart. Time to get the torque wrench out!

• 1 month later...

Most likely loose steering rod ends or something else in the suspension. If you jack the front up so the wheels are off the ground then grab one of the wheels and try to rock it you should be able to see where there's too much play in any of the bolts attaching the suspension bars to the main body or in the track rod ends. These all take quite a battering, especially if you're going fast over rough terrain.

I was going to ask, re the original post - what is that socket called - do you have a link? I've looked online but can only come up with 12v lighter sockets or something designed for caravans. I might not be able to source something identical in the UK, but knowing what to look for is half the battle with search engines!