Quantcast

Buying my first UTV soon. Need some advice

Hello!

This is my first post here.   I live in Charleston WV and have grown up riding ATV's.   I've always wanted to get into the Hatfield and McCoy trail systems.   I have 3 kids and as of Dec. no longer have to financially support my ex wife.    So I've decided those funds should go towards a UTV.    Probably didn't need that much background, but oh well.

What I get has to be a 4 seater.   This will solely be used for recreation and fun.   No work, no utility.

So based on my own research I've narrowed it down to the Kawasaki TERYX S LE or the Can Am Commander Max XT.

I'd be very interested in any comments about these two specifically but I'm also open to other suggestions but am limited to the two dealers in my town as they both also offer service.    

Thanks!

"limited to the two dealers in my town" means limited to what they sell. So, pIck one. They are both good machines--personally I'd go with the Kawasaki--don't really know why except that I've had three Kawasaki bikes and they all just ran, and ran, and ran.., I put 90k miles on a 1988 1500cc (actually 1450 cc, 88 in³--I.e. an '88 88)  Vulcan I bought when I had to sell my pristine '68 dresser to buy my house back from my ex...

So these are the big issues that I'm seeing so far:

Kawasaki:  

Pro: Run long and hard, 3yr warranty                  Cons: 783cc

Can Am:

Pro: 1000cc, Nice build your own platform                           Cons:  I hear the cab can get pretty hot

Checked with a friend that just bought the TERYX 1000 last month and he's loving it.  Supposed to go out riding  with him this weekend so maybe I'll have some first hand experience .  Of course that's another 10 G !

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 1:33 PM, WVMan said:

Hello!

This is my first post here.   I live in Charleston WV and have grown up riding ATV's.   I've always wanted to get into the Hatfield and McCoy trail systems.   I have 3 kids and as of Dec. no longer have to financially support my ex wife.    So I've decided those funds should go towards a UTV.    Probably didn't need that much background, but oh well.

What I get has to be a 4 seater.   This will solely be used for recreation and fun.   No work, no utility.

So based on my own research I've narrowed it down to the Kawasaki TERYX S LE or the Can Am Commander Max XT.

I'd be very interested in any comments about these two specifically but I'm also open to other suggestions but am limited to the two dealers in my town as they both also offer service.    

Thanks!

I live in SW Florida lots of nasty black sand  when its wet. Not a big fan of the TRex,  own a polaris RZR, most of the people I run with have RZR or Ranger, the 'Ranger has dump box which is great for coolers and such, that's what I would recommend little more money but more bang for the buck.