Quantcast

Looking at a Renegade 4 seater

Hey all, 

Looking to possibly purchase a 2008 Renegade 4 seater, 11000 miles.  asking $5,000 I know nothing about these machines, they seem pretty decent. Hard to find any info on them even on youtube. Anyone had any advice, or things to look at before buying? Thanks in advance! 

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 9.08.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 9.08.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 9.08.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 9.08.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 9.08.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 9.07.57 PM.png

• Like 1

You need to take it for a drive of course.  Check for electrical short.  Gauges may cycle off and on.  Original rocker switches are prone to corrosion.  Moisture seems to be the biggest enemy of this model year.  If everything works ok, then negotiate your best price and buy it.  A new Joyner Renegade 1100 4 seater at gokartsusa.com is currently 11,975.  You can get an owners manual at joyner-usa.com.  I have a 2008 T2 1100.  I have replaced all of the rocker switches.  Parts are out there you just have to have patience to find the right part when needed.  My T2 will climb anything.  I live in the desert so moisture is not an issue for me.  Previous owner lived on the coast.

• Like 1

I also have a Joyner Renegade.  It's a 2014 year model R2 (2-seat version).  Bought it 3 yrs ago for $7k.    2014 is the first year they started putting the 1100cc engine in it.  I don't have first hand knowledge of the early models but when researching for my machine, I've read that there were many quality control issues with Joyner machines.  The Trooper and Renegade uses an automotive style engine, clutch and 5-speed transaxle.  These engines are quite reliable - John Deere put the 800cc engine in their 825i and even Kawasaki (Japanese manufacturer) put the same engine in one of their SxS models.  The Chery engine is used in many lesser known brands of SxSs.  This machine isn't designed to take a high speed jump off a ramp; it's a utility vehicle that may be more at home on a farm or easy trail riding.  The weak point seems to be the bolts that hold the ring gear in the differential.  You can put in higher grade bolts.  I like my ride.  I've never had an issue with mine except the brake master cylinder - replaced it a few months ago.  Some parts are available on Amazon.  You may have to do a lot of your own repair work as service and parts are hard to find.  My opinion is the $5k price is too high for a "well used condition" which imples some hidden issues.  Check you state laws on street legal SxS.  AZ allows them as does many other western sates (some with severe restrictions).

• Like 2