Quantcast

Is 1600 miles to many for a 2018 Pioneer 700

Guys looking at my first UTV- Found a 2018 Pioneer 700-4 -deluxe-which the guy said he only used it a handful of times but then told me it had 1600 miles- Is that alot for a 2018 - Assuming he had the service work done- Anything I  should be looking out for or questions that I should ask- He is a couple of hours away from me--I will be using this to plow my driveway and mow with a pull along mower  a few acres- would this be a good  UTV for those purposes- thks so much

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine used with almost the same numbers (1700 miles, 3 yrs old).  Is this the original owner?  1600 miles in 3 years averages about 10 miles per week (in very round numbers).   How many hours are on the machine (if there's an hour clock on it)?  Divide 1600 by the number of hours will give you the average speed over the operating time of the vehicle.   High average speeds (>15+ mph) might indicate that it was driven mostly on smooth roads.   Low speeds may indicate a lot of slow driving as  what might be done on a farm.  Well maintained machines can last several thousand miles.  NADA lists this used machine at $11k - $14.5k depending upon condition.  KBB gives $10k price.  My thoughts on buying used is you may be buying someone else's problem child or, like me, you can get lucky and end up with a fine machine.  Take a good look at the cleanliness.  A well maintained machine won't have a lot of dirt or dried mud in the engine comparment.  Don't expect a perfect machine as it is given that there will be minor problems.  It's the major ones that may not manifest themselves until after you buy it that can be upsetting .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mcraigchr
      Howdy all,
      I searched the forum (and the internet in general) for this and didn't find anything that looked like an answer.
      I purchased a Coleman 550 from Tractor Supply last October.  Runs well.  Really only one issue that I have had and that is a dragging brake pad.  Still haven't fixed it, but hope to soon.
      For now, it is time for the first oil change (38 hours).  After some reading, I decided to use Mobil 1 4T 10w-40.  I also purchased a filter from motorcyledoctor.com.  Got the filter and noticed that there is a hex head on the end.  I thought "Hey that's nifty, but I wonder why they did that?".  Then I went to change the oil and I know why now.  Which brings me to my question.
      How in the hell is one supposed to get that oil filter off?  First off, it is not obvious how to take the seat base out to get leverage.  I thought about cutting out the plastic above where the filter is.  But decided against it for now.  I tried my best to work within the tiny space given to get the filter out.  I have a number of different filter wrenches.  Only one is able to fit over the filter.  But ... I could not get the filter to break loose.
      So, I ordered a strap wrench from Amazon.  
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZH57V5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      In case that doesn't work, I also ordered this:
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FVNH2QV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      My intention with the latter is that if the strap wrench does not work, I will punch a hole or two into the side of the second product.  Put it over the end of the filter, put two screws into it and hope I can break it loose.
      Anyone else experience this incredibly difficult task?  I have always worked on my own vehicles and have had some difficult circumstances, but I always prevailed.  Not this time.  The Coleman 550 b*tch slapped me this weekend and is pointing and laughing at me.
      Any suggestions or recommendations would be great.  If nothing else, just some content on the subject so that someone else who might be having the same issue can find this and get some ideas.
      Thanks,
      CC
    • By Steve Hunt
      Never owned a UTV need for very hilly terrain on road and off. Will get moderate use. Hoping for a comfortable reliable vehicle,  good mix of function between work and play. speed not important. Considering Pioneer 700-4   Teryx 4 person  Found good deal on 2018 Maverick Mx XMR? Any input on these vehicles is MUCH appreciated 
    • By johnpeter
      2018 Polaris Ranger 570-EFI 4X4 "Crew" UTV On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/174865142318?

• By Rantool
      Considering purchase of my first ever Ranger. It is an 2006 Model 700XP with 520 hours. The guy who has it is my buddy and it has been meticulisly maintained and pretty much never been off road.  Always garaged and ran easy. It comes with roof, winch, snowplow, and soft cab for plowing snow.  He was offered 6750.00 for it, but said if I wanted it he would take 6000.00  The paint (Blue Metalic) is very  good. Also 4 new tires. Is this a good price? Also can a guy get glass windshield and back glass?  How about hard doors with glass? How far can you go on a tank of gas? I know I have alot of questions. I live in Indiana and also was told we can drive on the county roads if you do a few things? What do I need to get it apporoved for road use? Thanks in advance for any input!

• OEM Parts at Aftermarket Prices
    • By johnpeter
      2021 KAWASAKI TERYX KRX 1000 UTV MTX STEREO BAR & ROOF On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/124827911107?