Quantcast

Transmission's grinds on our Buck 450 when you shift it.

Farm Boy

It has done this since day one that we purchased it from Tractor Supply. I contacted the service man that Tractor Supply recommended and he told us that there wasn't anything he do to help us with. Has anyone had this same problem and can offer suggestion on to correct this issue ? It would be greatly appreciated.

I do have a couple of suggestions, first always allow the engine to idle below 2000RPM, if it won't do that adjust the idle down to around 1800 RPMS, If that still don't work keep your foot on the brake peddle and kill the engine, then with your foot still on the brake shift into the gear you need and hit the starter, my 400 Buck will then start.

• 1 month later...

I also purchased a 2021 Massimo 450 Buck, have not had any issues until a couple months ago, when I shift to low range and then attempt to shift into reverse or shift to high it is grinding and doesn't want to go into reverse or high. I looked at the shifter cables and there are two of them thinking that I need to adjust the shift cable but not sure which way to go or which cable is the problem.

• 1 month later...

See, thats the big problem with Massimo..  shops refuse to work on them because Massimo wont honor warranty and pay repair claims.. 3 shops here started out as  Manufacturer authorized shops.. now NONE will work on them because they NEVER GET PAID by Massimo..........One will work on them but only if you pay cash in advance because parts take months to arrive . Massimo is a horrible rip off company in Dallas TX.. When I tried to make them pay for repairs, It broke on its FIRST DAY in its first mile!!!     the Rep told me.... " NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!"   seriously, that what he said to me on phone .. They suck 

not recently......when i bought our mule in 2015 it was pretty pricey...........then add on accessories.........but if you saved several thousand to purchase an off brand, and it implodes in a short period of time, with no one to support it or fix it, are you really saving money......believe me,, i understand about spending the extra $$............. when i told my spouse how much i was spending on the mule, with blade, winch, cab enclosure, i got the "look".............

Its true Massimo is a horrible company, BUT His implosion is not a common issue.. Its the first I have heard of.  Not everyone can go out and drop $20K  on a new toy.  ..........After working all the    "bugs" out of mine, it has been running very well for more than a year .. and it's used every weekend .  

• Like 1

glad you have good luck with yours Joe..........i know a lot of folks on this site like the utv's that are meant for off road fun,  that go fast......my mule is used around the house for work related stuff, so speed isn't that important............and the prices must have gone up significantly since i got mine in 2015, i didn't pay anywhere near 20 grand, including cab enclosure, winch and plow..........

The prices are insane now when you start adding optional equip..   Mine is no speed demon by any means  my friends smoke me on top speeds ............, it will do 42mph on level ground with a good running start but it does VERY WELL in deep mud uphill in 4WD Lock.  .. I have friends with "premium " brands that ride with me sometimes and twice I have pulled them out of a big mudhole that I just went thru successfully.  and by pulled, I dont mean with my winch. 

On 1/10/2022 at 8:23 AM, Albert21 said:

I wish I knew what happened. After I shifted it into gear it started making a different noise and died. I got out and looked underneath it and found that! Barely a year old.

I would think that the part that blew up would be all that is bad, looks like it showed you where the problem is

• Like 1