Quantcast

4x4x454

Radial vs Bias

I will be doing the tire and wheel thing like rocmoc. I was just wondering what everyone thought radial or bias?

I have been able to find quite a few different options in 30x950-31x1050&31x1150. I'm just not sure what would be better but would think bias would be better for 4 wheeling.

I noticed that Micky Thompson's Baja tire is bias ply. They say its bias to better hold up to the offroad beating.

Lenny

BUT, radial would be better for rock climbing (wall flexing). I reality, IMHO I don't think it matters until you turn Pro!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Radial flex more than bias. That is the principle behind the design to keep the tread/contact patch always in contact with the surface.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I guess that's were I was wrong I thought it had a flatter tread and was stiffer and the bias was more like a balloon and softer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.