6 replies to this topic

#1 rocmoc

rocmoc

Super Moderator

• PipPipPip
    • 2,583 posts
    • UTV Brand:'69 Jeep CJ5 & '70 CJ5

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:29 AM

Does anyone know the gear ratios of the Trans & Diffs? If not and you have to have work, get the ratios or number of teeth on the gears. If I have to replace the engine someday it will be will something with more POWER so I/you will need the gear rations. Worst case would to be travel to the shop in Phoenix.

Thanks,
    rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

#2 flatbed

flatbed

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 226 posts
    • UTV Brand:joyner trooper

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:24 AM

Rocmoc, i think the gear ratio is 286,s I read it some wear but don,t remember. I know it is high, we are getting our low gearing through the tranny, it must be under driven.

#3 rocmoc

rocmoc

Super Moderator

• PipPipPip
    • 2,583 posts
    • UTV Brand:'69 Jeep CJ5 & '70 CJ5

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

Hi Flatbed,

That is my concern finding tranny gearing low enough for the stock diffs. May have to find a replacement diff if I ever want to go to a different engine & trans. I really would like more power but do not want to go to a turbo. When ya think we will see aftermarket motor parts at the local speed shop. LOL! The HP produced by Honda, Toy & Subaru is outstanding now days. We leave Sunday but will have the laptop with us. See ya in Jan.

Thanks

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

#4 flatbed

flatbed

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 226 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

Rocmoc, i think there is more power in the intake system. The intake manifold is what you would use for a high reving engine, plus the you know the throutle body could be bigger, and than you have the long distance the air has to flow in the aircleaner system. Build a new intake plentem with the trottle body up on top, you can put the air cleaner next to it, i think we would pick up alot of bottom-end. I would not think these engines run this way when they are in the cars in china. I don't want a turbo either, break to many parts, but it would be nice to get 25 more hp on the bottom end.

#5 latch73

latch73

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:45 AM

Does anyone know the gear ratios of the Trans & Diffs? If not and you have to have work, get the ratios or number of teeth on the gears. If I have to replace the engine someday it will be will something with more POWER so I/you will need the gear rations. Worst case would to be travel to the shop in Phoenix.

Thanks,
    rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Rocmoc, The gear ratio for the differentials is:
    Ring Gear 32 teeth
    Pinion Gear 15 teeth
    Gear Ratio 2.13

I dont know what the trans ratio is.

#6 flatbed

flatbed

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 226 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:33 AM

Latch 73 Have you had any luck finding a ring gear for the trooper, i know you where looking for info on other sites, jusst wondering if you came up with anything.

#7 latch73

latch73

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:02 PM

Latch 73 Have you had any luck finding a ring gear for the trooper, i know you where looking for info on other sites, jusst wondering if you came up with anything.

Yes, There is a Joyner dealer in Idhao that had a rear diff. housing somehow break but the gears are good. He called Joyner and had them do a breakdown cost on new comp. diff and he said that a new set of gears would run $350.00 so he offered me his used set for $200.00

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users