Quantcast

2021 Hisun/Axis 700 Big Clunk Sound, No No-go, except in 4WD

RickinMT

57 minutes ago, Greg Kilgore said:

RickinMT, 

Wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.

I still haven't heard from them about my issue fixing to call them now. They are making money hand over fist by having us owners repair their warranty stuff. By not paying a shop to fix. I'm going to bring that up on my call and see what happens. They would have to send parts to shop anyway. What little spare time I have I should have to fix their stuff. My payments aren't to them so they can't credit my account. And if the work I do. Will it void the remaining warranty. 

Yeah but I'd rather do it here. I've heard horror stories about people's machines sitting in the shop for months waiting for service. This way I know it's first in line. I am clueless about mechanical stuff so my neighbor does the work. He's rebuilt so many machines, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, etc... he tries to teach me what this does and what that does and my eyes roll back in my head... :)  Good luck with yours, too!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Greg Kilgore said:

RickinMT,

Any progress?

I finally got around to taking mine apart. It looks like the same damage as yours.

Did you gets parts from hisun?

Yes. At first they sent the rear coupling but when we got it apart I sent them pictures of the drive shaft that was totally stripped. So then they sent a new drive shaft and a couple bits that go in that end. He was going to send me a return label to ship back the damaged parts but it's been several weeks and I haven't heard back yet about that. Anyway, the machine is back together and running. (Although, now it's winter and riding season is done up at 6,000 ft so I won't have a real test drive until spring...  :) )

Glad all worked out. Your turn around time with hisun has been better than mine. I got a reply 8 day after I sent request for mobile tech. Replied 1hr later to email asking for parts and I'd fix it myself. Haven't heard back. That was over a week ago. Found parts (hopefully they fit) on Amazon and are currently on their way.

Dude, that sxs has 4x4, diff lock, and a winch. Bundle up, maybe take a tarp or clear plastic or buy cab enclosure and enjoy playing in the snow.

Usually we get 2-3 good snows here in KY (on WV boarder) in my area. I hoping to have mine back together in a couple of weeks and enjoy the snow when it gets here.

Thanks for the reply, hope you and yours had a good turkey day and best wishes for a merry Christmas and a happy hangover.

5 hours ago, Greg Kilgore said:

Glad all worked out. Your turn around time with hisun has been better than mine. I got a reply 8 day after I sent request for mobile tech. Replied 1hr later to email asking for parts and I'd fix it myself. Haven't heard back. That was over a week ago. Found parts (hopefully they fit) on Amazon and are currently on their way.

Dude, that sxs has 4x4, diff lock, and a winch. Bundle up, maybe take a tarp or clear plastic or buy cab enclosure and enjoy playing in the snow.

Usually we get 2-3 good snows here in KY (on WV boarder) in my area. I hoping to have mine back together in a couple of weeks and enjoy the snow when it gets here.

Thanks for the reply, hope you and yours had a good turkey day and best wishes for a merry Christmas and a happy hangover.

Hehehe. You're right-- I had my old one out last year in the snow. They just keep going and going. :) I was surprised at how well it managed deep snow. And yeah, the winch is peace-of-mind when things grind to a halt.

There's a Hisun guy on one of the Hisun owner FB groups who works for Hisun. Paul Welch. I can't find him in the groups now but he reached out to me when I was posting about my drive shaft issue. He said Hisun is adding more service centers across the country and trying to do better at responding to warranty issues.

Thanks. Same to you!

• 10 months later...

Similar problem getting off rear coupler. My problem is a bit different. Can't get the nut loose. I've got the rear differential and shaft out. But for the life of me I can't get the 19mm nut to break loose so I can get the coupler off. Tried breaker bar, 1/2 impact. Thought it might be reverse thread. Tried that too. No joy. Any help getting the nut off would be greatly appreciated, Ross

Rtb1028,

Are you talking about the nut that holds the cup on the engine/transmission.

20221123_161421.thumb.jpg.6798f14e8f5cdb972c2f3459d9c71860.jpg.c06fb03e722ca3343454ceea32fcda20.jpg

I sprayed PB Blaster for a couple of days then used impact. If I remember correctly it is reversed threaded. But not 100% sure.

Maybe a propane torch to heat the nut.

If your worried about the seal melting. Wrap the outside of the cup with a wet rag. Just heat the nut.

Recommend changing the seal also. To help get new seal IN. Place in freezer overnight.

Goog luck

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a differential problem.jack up the front end leaving one wheel on the ground ,turn key on (but don't start it) push the 4x4 to on,try to hand turn the wheel that's off the ground giving a hard back an fourth motion .see how much play is in the diff.if bad you will here that popping noise .give this a try on the back wheel as well.same way as the front .let me know if this helped .I can try to assist you with diagnosing your issue .happy an safe riding .

11 hours ago, DLOSOLO said:

Sounds like a differential problem.jack up the front end leaving one wheel on the ground ,turn key on (but don't start it) push the 4x4 to on,try to hand turn the wheel that's off the ground giving a hard back an fourth motion .see how much play is in the diff.if bad you will here that popping noise .give this a try on the back wheel as well.same way as the front .let me know if this helped .I can try to assist you with diagnosing your issue .happy an safe riding .

Sorry guys-- This is an old post. It turned out to be the rear drive shaft splines were stripped. I got  a new one from Hisun and everything is fine now. :)  Thanks for the replies.