Quantcast

Rear Differintial Locked?

Dan_Lockwood

I'll post pictures next week on my rebuild, which I have completed successfully...👍 

It says someplace limited slip rear dif. On my hoist both tires turn at the same time, same direction. The problem I have is that on hard pack, they stay locked up and I'm digging up my driveway on sharp turns. I'm sure in the summer on turf, I'll have holes in my yard. It acts like a solid live axle on a small ATV

There's a wire running to the rear diff that I thought was the lock up for the rear end. But it's locked all the time. 

Question, how is it supposed to work? Is it supposed to slip under hard turns etc?

I'll have to do something to disengage it for the summer, options, thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Dan 

Sorry for the slow reply. :(

Thanks for the information.  I looked up in the exploded parts drawing and it does show a "spool" type ring gear hub assembly.  You're correct, there's NO way to get away from the "live axle" effect on the rear end.

But for our use in the summer, this will not work for us.  We want to drive on our yard to do basic yard work and it will chunk up the turf quite badly, I'm sure.  So I will try to come up with a design that could be like a dog gear device on one rear axle and see if that can be fitted.  Otherwise, I will get a used, hopefully, rear axle and just take out the center shaft and use the diff end as a seal plug and the outboard end for the wheel/brake hub assembly.  This will be some work every time I need to change to solid rear drive, but it will save the yard.  Right now, I just plan on using it for my driveway plowing this winter and the live rear axle is fine for that.  I have a KFI 60" blade for it and I purchased the KFI power angle kit so I can swing the blade from the inside without getting out of the cab.  Depending on the winter here in MI, I may elect to do a 3-Star Ind. cab enclosure to stay a bit warmer.

Thanks for the guidance!

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By packersfan
      I have a hisun 500 got from a auction and when turning a corner left or right it's a two hand job then when you left go snaps back.any help on what to look at would be appreciated.
      Also blows blue smoke until she gets warm then it's ok 
    • By CYJSP2009
      Dear Friends, 
      2022 Brand new Joyner CV Axles and CV  Joint rebuild kits are comming 
      1.  S650.03.02.02.00 ---Joyner 650 Commando Rear
      2. TR1100.03.01.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Front 
      3. TR1100.03.02.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Rear
      4. D650.03.02.02.00 --- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Left 
      5. D650.03.02.03.00--- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Right 
      6. SV800.03.02.01.00 --- Joyner 800 Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft Left
      7.  14274 --- 650 ider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      8. 15803  ---  650 Sand Spider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      Attached are the part photos for reference. 
      Above parts are now on the way to USA, will be ready for inland delivery in middle of July. 
      Price: CV Axle: USD250/ Piece;  CV Joint kit (without grease): USD110  send to door. 
      There will be special discount availabe for deals completed within July 2022.  
      Buy 1 piece: Get 5% discount, 
      Buy 2 pieces: get 10% discount.
      Buy 3 pieces: get 15% discount, 
      Buy 4 and more than 4 pieces: get 20% discount. 
      Please kindly note Qty for each part is not big  and it is hard to forcast when there will be next offer for these kind of products unless there is sufficient confirmed order qty for productioin arrangement. 
      Payment method: Payoneer payment link ( can pay through bank account or credit card) or Paypal ( [email protected]) .  Payment commission paid by the buyer. 
      Interested parties, please contact [email protected]
      Thanks
      Good Luck
      Casey / Leaf Asia
      July-07-2022

• By LindaCall60
      Purchased a 2011 bighorn banchee. Needs motor work. Not sure what. Husband is mechanic but not computer savvy. So, is there a manual that will tell him how to tear this down?  We have down loaded a service manual, but he says it doesn't tell him what he is looking for. 
    • By JFC
      I have a  3500LB Winch that only runs in one direction.  Inward but not Out.  Replaced the solenoid module.  Makes "click" when I push the "Out" button and the motor tries to spool out but then stops and begins to "click".   Does anyone have suggestions what I should try next?