Quantcast

Coleman Outfitter 550 Fuel Injectors

Tejun

Has anyone found a good source to purchase quality injectors for the Coleman Outfitter 550 ?  I've used Motorcycle Doctor on eBay in the past but havent had to purchase one in almost 2 yrs now. Mine was running a bit rough at idle and dying sometimes so I had two that I had cleaned and tested at an injector shop. Put one in that had the best performance curve and it ran worse. Pulled it and installed the other one and couldn't even get the engine to start so I put the old one back in. Its running ok now, just want to get a new one to install 

I don't trust those listed on Amazon. OEM injector through Coleman is $119, and through Motorcycle Doc, they are $68. I'm more interested in finding a quality injector than what the cost is. The shop I used cleans my injectors for my Yamaha outboard and I've had really good results with them, but I think the injectors for the Coleman are probly just "use and toss" quality.

I would just use and toss, maybe try to clean em at home. I don't know that there is a "quality injector" to be had on the market.

You said it yourself one of the cleaned and flowtested ones won't even get your engine to run. So either there's an issue with that shop tested injector, or there's another issue going on that a different injector is masking.

Absolutely a NOID light set (or just a single one for these style injectors) will give you an idea that the ECU is telling the injectors to fire.

There has been a history of injector plugging on Hisun engines, up until a few years ago they didn't even have an inline filter so all the tank crud got stuck in the little screen inside the injector.

You can also buy cheap ebay/Amazon fuel injector testers that give a firing signal to the injector and bench test them yourself to make sure they flow and have a somewhat reasonable pattern.

You can also buy a cheap fuel pressure gauge to check that you have enough pressure on the line.

You should be able to buy all three tools for a little over $100 and run thru the entire fuel injection system if you want to.

• Alex changed the title to Coleman Outfitter 550 Fuel Injectors

As I understand the function of the NOID Tester, it basically just tests for a signal to the injector (ie., light flashes when signal is received, correct ? I just use my 12v test light for that test, but if the NOID also tests for the length and strength of the signal, I would look at purchasing one. I do have the injector pulse tool and have checked/cleaned injectors in the past. That was early on when I'd first purchased this SXS. As Aefron88 mentioned (all the typical fuel related issues), I was basically fouling up an injector per tank of gas until I drained/cleaned the fuel tank, installed a high pressure 10 micron inline filter and replaced all the fuel hoses. After that, I did not have any issues and have put over 400 miles on it since. As mentioned in the first post, I had noticed a bit of a rough idle and sometimes if I would leave it idling while I would go open gate or unload something, it would die, so while I was in process of servicing it (oil/filter, air filter, etc), I decided to put one of the serviced injectors in it. That did not turn out well as it ran worse. I ended up putting the injector that was in it back in and it is running fine now. I did purchase a new injector to install if it begins giving me problems again.

What I really hate is the process for resetting the ECU. That just does not seem right to me.......

The NOID tester just catches the quick pulse and gives you a flash of light. A lot of meters won't catch the voltage with that quick a signal. Some high end meters will, and oscilloscopes will too.

You can also reset the ECU with Hud ECU hacker and the cable... I wrote this thread explaining how to set up HUD ECU hacker and get the proper cabling

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, aefron88 said:

The NOID tester just catches the quick pulse and gives you a flash of light. A lot of meters won't catch the voltage with that quick a signal. Some high end meters will, and oscilloscopes will too.

You can also reset the ECU with Hud ECU hacker and the cable... I wrote this thread explaining how to set up HUD ECU hacker and get the proper cabling

Thanks !!!