Quantcast

Eh?

Toys+

Good morning! I am a NorthEastern from Canada, Quebec, southeast Quebec, in a very small town called Thetford Mines where many years ago Johns Mannville used to operate the asbestos mines! It is quite scary here since they closed down the mines and a large number of Americans started suing everyone associated with asbestos products for damages. As a new member to the UTV Board you should know I am 71 and in relatively good health, surprising, considering where I live. Other than the big hole that the Americans dug up and the miles and miles of rubish they left, it is a very beautiful place. For the last 20 years I live on a 110 acre piece of land that used to be a farm. The fellow that owned it is now over 80 and in fact the average age of Thetford is possibly 75. (Not certain) All I know is they appear older than I am. I also noticed that a lot of Americans that are suing for asbestos damage are also in their 70's and 80's. I guess asbestos kills slowly. Anyway, we enjoy our cottage and our unanimalled farm and get a lot of pleasure from cutting down a tree now and then to make wood or burn in our woodburning stove. The smell is wonderful when we go out in our snowshoes. P.S. we only cut down dead trees or trees that have fallen so please forgive us if there are any bleeding hearts that feel we are in the deforestation business. I have two kids and five gandkids, great, wonderful people! They enjoy both the cottage and the farm with a sailboat, skiing boat, skidoo and of course a couple of UTV's. Both of my machines are chinese made as are most other UTV's. Of course the American UTV's are American or are they? I understand many name brands have most of their parts made in China! Anyway, I used to be an executive who has now turned into a lumber man, sailer, snowshoer, gardiner and an avid UTV er! These side by side vehicles are wonderful, we get to enjoy going out as a family! I hope to get vital information that will help me maintain my vehicles from this site and I will also contribute on occassion as I find solutions to problems that relate to UTV's.

post-483-1261481779_thumb.jpg

post-483-1261481813_thumb.jpg

post-483-1261481890_thumb.jpg

post-483-1261481951_thumb.jpg

Welcome Toys, nice photos. I haven't heard of a Chironex before but most UTVs require the same attention so the best advice I can give you is look after your UTVs and they will look after you. Service them, keep them lubed, clean them and do a once over for loose bolts every now and then.

You do know that 70 is the new 50 so mate, your still a spring chicken.

Cheers Mike.

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.