Quantcast

Automatic Transmission for Trooper

Guest Lenny

Rocmoc, I did some checking and I beleive there are at least a couple of transmissions available. Look at this site.

http://www.cheryacteco.com/en/article_list...=11690974580001

I beleive the QR512 is our transmission however it is slightly different, I suspect ours is the same bolt up pattern but has a lower low gear. QR512 is more then likely for an automobile application. The QR512E is more then likely the automatic version of it. If we can find out what american cars use their automatics coupled to small engines, I'll bet a match could be found. I sent an email to Chery fo find out more. If you look at the engines on their site, they have a great 1.9L diesel that could be coupled to their QR631 6 speed Trans. I think you could squeeze it in and have 3 times the torque. Maybe better to just start from scratch and built the whole thing over. In 2007, Chery entered a contract with Fiat to provide them with 100,000 engines per year.

Lenny

I have this site also and went to a Chery Forum trying to get info for a source. I had no luck. I believe the cars are not available here in the States. I don't know where you would run one down. If I start changing things that much, I will go with Honda, Subaru or someone more USA mainstream. Good luck, this is a tough one!

When I was at Moab; power was not the issue, gearing was. The only place I need more power is in the sand and I'm not in it that often. We'll see how I feel about that after this trip as Rocky Point is going to be mostly in the sand.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• 3 years later...

Ok, does anyone have an answer to why I cannot shift gears when the temp drops below forty degrees? I know most of you Joyner owners live in the south, so I'm hoping someone traveled to the north and can help me fix this problem. Otherwise, does anyone know where I can get a cheap auto transmission?

Ok, does anyone have an answer to why I cannot shift gears when the temp drops below forty degrees? I know most of you Joyner owners live in the south, so I'm hoping someone traveled to the north and can help me fix this problem. Otherwise, does anyone know where I can get a cheap auto transmission?

First thought that comes to my mind is the fluid.. it get thick under 40 degrees mine get hard to shift in Iowa winter too. I would recommend synthetic fluid in transmission that can tolerate cold tempatures..I'm not sure if trans take gear oil or atf, someone here would know

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Anyone with automatic trans for trooper?

I have heard there was supposed to be an cvt for trooper but i never saw or heard anything more. You could try asking klung motors.

I'm also wondering if anyone know of a rebuild kit i can get for the trans later down the road? My trans like to pop out of gear sometimes when i let off the throttle

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2