Quantcast

Cut Spare Tire mount off!

rocmoc

I cut the spare tire mount off today. Didn't suit my taste and it hit the cabinets in the garage area of the Toyhauler when loaded. Plus I will save the weight almost half of my spare tires weight. My spare is mounted flat in the surface of the area above the engine. Since my Trooper is one of the early ones, my surface is diamond plate not the plastic. I will take a pic tomorrow. I used a Sawsall to remove the mount/support and grinder to clean the excess off. Little glossy black and it looks like it came from the factory that way.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Guest Lenny

I cut mine off quite some time ago. It looked ok but wasn't good to have the weight that high. For now, I made a bracket that plugs into my rear hitch receiver to hold it. I'm going to change that latter and put in along side and behind the passenger.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Pilot1996
      When researching the Tracker, I was interested in the 800SX LE. The original sales literature indicated that the LE came with 27x9x14 and 27x11x14 tires. When I went to pick up my Tracker, it had 26” tires on it. I called Tracker before paying for the Tracker and was told they had supply issues and could not get 27” tires. I’m curious to know if anyone has taken delivery of an LE with 27” tires in stalled? I just recently installed 27” tires and am happy with the added ground clearance and beefy look the machine has taken on!
    • By Horace79
      I have been searching the Internet for the past week looking for UTV tires and I'm stuck. I don't want mud tire that are 30+ inches in diameter witch is all I have been finding. My rims are 20"x7," so my question is can I order a set of 235/30R20 car tires and will they seat on these UTV rims. Thanks to anyone for help or advice.
    • By PaulB
      Just wondering how some of you mount your spare tire. I’ve seen the mount that uses the receiver hitch but don’t like that because it looks like it would get in the way of loading and unloading things into the bed. Not even sure if the tailgate drops down when using that sort of mount. I was looking at an in bed mount that has three carriage bolts, 1 to the bed bottom and 2 to the bed side but concerned that the polymer bed might not stand up to that.
      What did y’all do?
      PaulB

• By Eddie Kirkland
      I have a 2021 Kawasaki Mule 4010.  I need more ground clearance so I'm looking at 2" lift kit and bigger wheels/tires.  Does anyone have experience adding these items to this model Mule?  Any problems? Suggestions?  Thanks
    • By Scott Jackson
      What is the Bennche a off brand of?