Quantcast

rocmoc

Cut Spare Tire mount off!

I cut the spare tire mount off today. Didn't suit my taste and it hit the cabinets in the garage area of the Toyhauler when loaded. Plus I will save the weight almost half of my spare tires weight. My spare is mounted flat in the surface of the area above the engine. Since my Trooper is one of the early ones, my surface is diamond plate not the plastic. I will take a pic tomorrow. I used a Sawsall to remove the mount/support and grinder to clean the excess off. Little glossy black and it looks like it came from the factory that way.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I cut mine off quite some time ago. It looked ok but wasn't good to have the weight that high. For now, I made a bracket that plugs into my rear hitch receiver to hold it. I'm going to change that latter and put in along side and behind the passenger.

Lenny

Diamond plate? I'm jealous! I don't care for the plastic IMO it looks cheap. replacing it is one of the things on my list that I would like to get done on the T4.

Cinda

Cinda, my dealer gave me the chance to trade it with a later model he had in the shop but declined. There are advantages to having the plastic. Mine is heavier than Zell.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.