Quantcast

RADIATOR FAN

plumber

I bought a high power electric cooling fan from silver bullet today when I run it hard it gets a little hot he said that this one makes more cfm and it will not run hot no more I'll let you know how good it works I didn't want to move my radiator up on top of rear deck

I bought a high power electric cooling fan from silver bullet today when I run it hard it gets a little hot he said that this one makes more cfm and it will not run hot no more I'll let you know how good it works I didn't want to move my radiator up on top of rear deck

I really didn't have a choice but to move the radiator. In its original position it was getting clogged with alot of grass and debris while riding. Living on the prairie alot of our riding areas are covered with tall grasses, etc ... I'd have to stop and clean off the radiator every 20 minutes or so.

I really didn't have a choice but to move the radiator. In its original position it was getting clogged with alot of grass and debris while riding. Living on the prairie alot of our riding areas are covered with tall grasses, etc ... I'd have to stop and clean off the radiator every 20 minutes or so.

Dandelion Fuzz really made me mad. hah

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lenny

I just installed my radiator fan that I got from Silverbullet man now thats a fan I can stand behind it and blow dry my hair ha ha it sounds like a tornado behind me I will get to try it out in a couple of weeks

Do you know what the CFM rating is for the fan?

Lenny

Are you sure you are actually overheating? I thought I had a heating problem until I had the 'fix' done on the temp guage (I think it is listed on this forum somewhere). I run a turbo at 10lbs at Glamis and have never had an issue..... just a thought.

Randy

Guest Lenny

No I don't but it's fast and has ten blades on it I can put my hand in front of the radiator and I can feel the air The brand name is Spal then it says type va08-ap71/ll-53a Lenny I just found this http://spaladvancedt.../67961/30102042 http://www.absoluter...om/SPALConv.asp Here it is for 105.00 I paid 155.00 Universal Parts, Inc.

Thanks for the information Plumber. I'm going to have to go with a better fan too. Good job on the research finding the fan elsewhere.

Lenny

Guest Lenny

Are you sure you are actually overheating? I thought I had a heating problem until I had the 'fix' done on the temp guage (I think it is listed on this forum somewhere). I run a turbo at 10lbs at Glamis and have never had an issue..... just a thought.

Randy

What kind of tires are you running in the sand. Is Glamis sand real fine or coarse. I'm in southern utah and our dunes are all fine sand, actually a little powdery in places.

Lenny

Are you sure you are actually overheating? I thought I had a heating problem until I had the 'fix' done on the temp gauge (I think it is listed on this forum somewhere). I run a turbo at 10lbs at Glamis and have never had an issue..... just a thought.

Randy

Yes it is overheating my light comes on and the temp guage goes all the way over

Yes it is overheating my light comes on and the temp guage goes all the way over

Bummer. It was worth a shot.....

(Lenny - I use Dunestar steering tires in the front and paddles (26x10x12) in the rear, works very well. The sand is 'variable' depending on the weather and traffic, but mostly fine on the big dunes and coarser in the valley's. Not too much different than the larger dunes at Coral Pink.)

Randy how do you like that turbo were did you get it at do you use racing fuel

The turbo was the best thing I have done. It more than compensates for the weight that the Trooper hauls around (compared to other UTV's) and it just "waits" in the background until called upon. It engages at arount 2k rpm and really pushes to the rev limit (6k). I use 100 octane race fuel (available at a few stations around here, not too difficult to obtain).

Scott at Unleashed Motor Sports in Cottonwood, AZ did the install over a year ago for $2.5k.

Randy

The turbo was the best thing I have done. It more than compensates for the weight that the Trooper hauls around (compared to other UTV's) and it just "waits" in the background until called upon. It engages at arount 2k rpm and really pushes to the rev limit (6k). I use 100 octane race fuel (available at a few stations around here, not too difficult to obtain).

Scott at Unleashed Motor Sports in Cottonwood, AZ did the install over a year ago for $2.5k.

Randy

Does your 100 octane race fuel have a blue tint to it? If so, it's probably 100 LL (low lead) aviation fuel. That's what I used in my 100 HP Rotax motor, Rotax said no lead gas and I thought that was I was getting from the gas station sold 100 octane gas, but I finally got them to confess that it was 100LL avgas which has a light blue tint, Quite pretty actually. By coincidence, the Rotax was on the airplane that I crashed in 2006.

Another interesting thing I did once, I put some 130 octane avgas in my 2 stroke dirt bike once, expecting to have fantastic power, NOPE, when ever I tried to rev up, it fell on it's face, but talk about low end grunt, that was fantastic.

During my aviation training, I was taught the the higher to octane, the slower the burn, to prevent detonation and knocking, and when you consider maximum RPM in a piston air plane engine is on around 2500, and they are short stoked huge pistons, it makes sense.

Kinarfi

Kinarfi,

Interesting. I stopped using AV gas from the local airport for just that reason (low lead, not unleaded). I will have to look into the Valero I get the 'Race' gas from to verify what it is. I have heard many horror stories of engines being destroyed on AV gas.

Randy

Does your 100 octane race fuel have a blue tint to it? If so, it's probably 100 LL (low lead) aviation fuel. That's what I used in my 100 HP Rotax motor, Rotax said no lead gas and I thought that was I was getting from the gas station sold 100 octane gas, but I finally got them to confess that it was 100LL avgas which has a light blue tint, Quite pretty actually. By coincidence, the Rotax was on the airplane that I crashed in 2006.

Another interesting thing I did once, I put some 130 octane avgas in my 2 stroke dirt bike once, expecting to have fantastic power, NOPE, when ever I tried to rev up, it fell on it's face, but talk about low end grunt, that was fantastic.

During my aviation training, I was taught the the higher to octane, the slower the burn, to prevent detonation and knocking, and when you consider maximum RPM in a piston air plane engine is on around 2500, and they are short stoked huge pistons, it makes sense.

Kinarfi

Interesting.I thought a few times about the 100 octane in my trooper but was not sure what would happen.I dont have a turbo its just readily available in Lake Havasu because of all the high performance boats on the lake.