Quantcast

Farmington buggy build

Jarrad

We started the build for the farmington buggy yesterday making nice progress.. wheels are off to powdercoat, the cage is being shortened 4"'s chopped the lightbar installing mini Piaa lights, stereo, warn winch, tube fenders front and rear, rock sliders, I am using a 2008 T2 it's all we had left in stock 2 used buggies, but I went ahead and converted it from electrical 4X4 to namual lever

More photos to come!

Jarrad

DSCF0849.jpg

DSCF0848.jpg

DSCF0847.jpg

DSCF0846.jpg

DSCF0850.jpg

I have the same aluminum top. I used diamond plate and turned the diamonds inside with the smooth side out like yours. I used a piece of aluminum flat and laid the lights down like a sun visor. I can remove two bolts and stand the lights up if I wish to use them. Have not be stood up in two years. MORE, MORE!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Tomorrow we get down to the nitty gritty, we were running short on the 1.5" .080 wall DOM tubing, have 100 feet being delivered in the morning, we start on the tube doors in the morning that will swing open.. this is going to be something unlike you guys have seen before.. we also still have to build the new spare tire holder and add the rock sliders.. The passenger grab handle is almost finished and I finally found the face for my stereo set up.. we are cruising along nicely..

The buggy will get wrapped first of next week and we expect the wheels to be back this friday so I can get it back in rolling condition so much work and hardly enough time to do it all.. will be pushing the deadline pretty close with the wrap job suppossed to tgake a few days

I have the same aluminum top. I used diamond plate and turned the diamonds inside with the smooth side out like yours. I used a piece of aluminum flat and laid the lights down like a sun visor. I can remove two bolts and stand the lights up if I wish to use them. Have not be stood up in two years. MORE, MORE!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

The rock sliders are being built right now, I pick the wheels up first thing in the morning, need to install the stereo and build the spare tire mount next, put my new G-force seatbelts in and a few minor details then hopefully tomorrow afternoon I can get it to the wrap shop

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Finished except for the wrap

DSCF0869.jpg

DSCF0868.jpg

DSCF0867.jpg

DSCF0866.jpg

DSCF0870.jpg

Looks real good.What did you use to mount the stereo ? was that a joyner item?

Thanks,

No it is something I whipped up quite awhile ago.. has been on 3 buggies, there are also rear speakers and a box but without the rear tire rack to mount them to I did not install

Guest Lenny

No it is something I whipped up quite awhile ago.. has been on 3 buggies, there are also rear speakers and a box but without the rear tire rack to mount them to I did not install

Nice job Jarred. Did you put the Renegade diff gears in it? Looking forward to Farmington.

Lenny

Nice job Jarred. Did you put the Renegade diff gears in it? Looking forward to Farmington.

Lenny

I have not yet.. took it to wrap this morning, depends on how long they take, will be deciding factor on the gear set, I had the choice between a little better crawl ratio or looking good.. looking good took the better part of my judgement for right now

It sort of reminds me of an old 10cc Song

I was walkin' down the street

Concentratin' on truckin' right

I heard a dark voice beside of me

And I looked round in a state of fright

I saw four faces one mad

A brother from the gutter

They looked me up and down a bit

And turned to each other

I don't like Jarrad's Trooper

I love it

I don't like UTVs

I love them

Don't like Farmington,

I love her (New Mexico Holiday)

To every one going, have a bloody good time. I reckon that old 10cc song would sound pretty good blasting out of your new stereo set-up Jarrad.

Cheers Mike.

I have not yet.. took it to wrap this morning, depends on how long they take, will be deciding factor on the gear set, I had the choice between a little better crawl ratio or looking good.. looking good took the better part of my judgement for right now

Are you going to post some pics when you get it back from being wraped? anxious to see it.

Are you going to post some pics when you get it back from being wraped? anxious to see it.

You bet I am I can't wait for tomorrow, not sure what time it will be though.. I need to call them and ask that question.. Still unsure it will fit in my enclosed trailer, may have to haul it on the flat-bed