Quantcast

What motor oil and weight to use?

Hey guys, newbie here. I live in Southern California and have a '08 T2 Trooper. Looking for some opinions on what motor oil is best to use in this beast. I've heard Royal Purple is what comes stock from factory and that It's a good idea to stick with the same brand. Is this true and what's a good weight to use?

Thanks,

Randy

Guest Lenny

Hey guys, newbie here. I live in Southern California and have a '08 T2 Trooper. Looking for some opinions on what motor oil is best to use in this beast. I've heard Royal Purple is what comes stock from factory and that It's a good idea to stick with the same brand. Is this true and what's a good weight to use?

Thanks,

Randy

Welcome to the Board. Royal Purple is fine. I use 10w40 or 10w50. Like 10w50 for summer in the real hot time. I use Mobile1 myself.

Lenny

Owner’s Manual

a. With the engine warm, put the vehicle on the level ground.

b. Shut down the engine; put a collecting oil plate under the engine oil outlet. Loosen the oil

outlet plug in the warm engine. Let the engine oil out fully.

c. Tighten the engine oil outlet plug.

d. Remove the oil filler cap, fill oil (SAE 10W/30-50) about 3.86 liters to the engine.

e. Pull out the engine oil dip stick; confirm the corrective oil level in the crankcase it takes 4qts you can go here

HomLiters to US Gallons (Liquid) Conversion

Welcome to the Board. Royal Purple is fine. I use 10w40 or 10w50. Like 10w50 for summer in the real hot time. I use Mobile1 myself.

Lenny

Hey Lenny,

I'm not sure if Mobile 1 has a 10w40. The only 10w40 I could find for Mobile 1 is for high mileage vehicles.....I even browsed Mobile 1 website and no 10w40. Did they discontinue 10w40??

Randy

Guest Lenny

Hey Lenny,

I'm not sure if Mobile 1 has a 10w40. The only 10w40 I could find for Mobile 1 is for high mileage vehicles.....I even browsed Mobile 1 website and no 10w40. Did they discontinue 10w40??

Randy

Sorry, went out and looked at the jug and it is 15w50. Unless your running in sub zero temps the 15 should be fine. The 50 is great for hot conditions.

Lenny