Quantcast

CV boot for driveline?

rocmoc

It's called werk-aah-haul-lick desease. No cure, can be terminal and detramental to relationships.

Lenny

Only detrimental when only one has it. In our case both have it so it is compatible. On a side note. You know we like to find things at thrift shops. I found the prize. A Saidhead 2008 Watkins Glen green tie-dye t-shirt with bushy headed Saidhead skulls. Roc washed it and I have wore it for two days! It is so coooool!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is back together. Very very quiet and I am very pleased. I only lowered 1 3/4" - 2". I could have lowered another 1" - 1 1/2" but not worth the extra work. I would have had to cut the hitch brace off and relocate. Only thing remaining is reinstalling the muffler (10 minutes), skid plate ( 30 minutes) and a few miscellaneous things (15 minutes). It does seem to be smoother but could be the power of suggestion, I wanted it to be quieter. This is the end of this STORY!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Guest Lenny

She is back together. Very very quiet and I am very pleased. I only lowered 1 3/4" - 2". I could have lowered another 1" - 1 1/2" but not worth the extra work. I would have had to cut the hitch brace off and relocate. Only thing remaining is reinstalling the muffler (10 minutes), skid plate ( 30 minutes) and a few miscellaneous things (15 minutes). It does seem to be smoother but could be the power of suggestion, I wanted it to be quieter. This is the end of this STORY!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

And Rocmoc lived happly ever after. THE END

Lenny

I lied, I'm back!

Went for a drive down the frontage road next to the freeway today. At 60 mph it was GREAT! I had not put the skid plate under the motor on and thought maybe I will leave it off. I have never had one on any of my Jeeps or sand buggies in that location. WELL, I looked at the skid plate to see if it had been used in past adventures. The thing has huge deep marks from encounters with rocks. Guess it is going back on. I had to top off the Trans gear oil but decided Royal Purple was too expensive and went with Castro Syn. Gear Oil (Half the Price). She is washed and boy was she dusty. I have to apologize to everyone who came to Farmington. I looked for some where with good terrain & cool temps. Over looked if it would be dry for months before resulting in DUST! Sorry about that! Well we are taking her to Baja or Yuma / Palm Springs this winter. Maybe we will see someone there! In the mean time We are back in our hills here at home. The monsoons have started and the DUST is gone. Have fun!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.