Quantcast

rocmoc

Sand Hollow State Park, UTAH

Hay, Lenny! Know anything about this place? Sand Hollow State Park | Utah.com How far from the house? Mods, please don't move to riding locations until we hear from Lenny!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

It's not far from the house, 5 or 6 miles. But, forget it. The sand dunes were just OK and the locals used to go there. Some still do. The problem came when they build Sand Hollow Resorvior. and then put in a gulf coarse. It changed the way the sand blew and the amount of sand that blew. So now the sand dunes are not so good. There are rock outcroppings everywhere. A lot of people quit riding there including me. Coral Pink sand dunes are real good and there are quite a lot of trails across the highway from it. It is a much better place to go and if you go there to camp, let me know and I'll tell you where you can camp pretty much by yourself. The main camp0ing place can get packed out, dusty and roughty.

Lenny

It's not far from the house, 5 or 6 miles. But, forget it. The sand dunes were just OK and the locals used to go there. Some still do. The problem came when they build Sand Hollow Resorvior. and then put in a gulf coarse. It changed the way the sand blew and the amount of sand that blew. So now the sand dunes are not so good. There are rock outcroppings everywhere. A lot of people quit riding there including me. Coral Pink sand dunes are real good and there are quite a lot of trails across the highway from it. It is a much better place to go and if you go there to camp, let me know and I'll tell you where you can camp pretty much by yourself. The main camp0ing place can get packed out, dusty and roughty.

Lenny

There is also the Utah's Little Sahara (found out there's several Little Sahara's) near Delta. It has lots of sand, hills, a mountain to try an climb and just out of the park is lots of trails. Just an FYI. Here's a photo of my knee as I flew over the dunes way back then.2616493920104110397MQGwdZ_th.jpg

Google coordinates N39 43 32.99 W 112 18 25.82 for the fee station and they recently upped the fee but made it a 2 day pass, I think. There's lots of area out side the park also.

kinarfi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.