Quantcast

GUESS WHAT

plumber

Guess who is using a chery motor in there sidexside ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? . JOHN DEERE in there 825i it"s a 812cc chery engine Deere Power

Powering the 825 is a liquid-cooled, 812cc, EFI, DOHC, Inline Triple, the first from a major ATV manufacturer. It's got four-valves per cylinder, making it a 12-valve motor! If that sounds like something straight out of an automobile, it's for good reason; the engine is from a mini car manufactured by Chery International in China

Guess who is using a chery motor in there sidexside ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? . JOHN DEERE in there 825i it"s a 812cc chery engine Deere Power

Powering the 825 is a liquid-cooled, 812cc, EFI, DOHC, Inline Triple, the first from a major ATV manufacturer. It's got four-valves per cylinder, making it a 12-valve motor! If that sounds like something straight out of an automobile, it's for good reason; the engine is from a mini car manufactured by Chery International in China

I've come to the conclusion that the chery engine is a darn good little engine.

Lenny

Soon the WHOLE Deere will be made in China along with the Chery engine. Hasn't that been the trend? I agree the little engine is appears to be strong but sad Deere has moved there source off-shore.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Jarrad and No Limits Powersports in Arlington, TX said he has found a source for Joyner parts other then JMC. Their number is 817-695-1151.

The republicians want to keep giving the wealthy big tax brakes so they can create jobs. But instead a lot of that job creating money in getting invested overseas reducing our need for employees here. Besides, the wealthy don't spend it on stuff that they wouldn't buy anyway. Seems that to create jobs, we need to first get the average person in a position to be able to spend more money. Creating jobs without having a market for the extra goods makes no sence to me.

Lenny

It's a good move by John Deere for more than one reason. Cheaper, stronger, more power and yes Chery has a good name that's growing as fast as bamboo. John Deere's main reason is survival & unfortunately, that means sourcing more and more from off shore. Every big Powersports manufacture operates this way, with most American and Japanese brands having up to 5 manufacturing plants in China and or Taiwan. This wont put a dent in John Deere's good name, after all there only following a trend set by others, in order to get their products out in the market place at a competitive price.

It's a bummer for the workers in America as it is over here, down under. All our car assembly plants have closed in NZ and thousands are out of work. Fisher and Paykle was voted NZs most trusted brand and what did they do, relocated to Mexico, lock, stock and barrel.

At the end of the day, the Chery 812cc DOHC engine with 12 valves and 58hp, is a very good choice.

Lenny, interesting what you say about No Limits. That just showcases just how poor JMC has been at supplying parts and if you look in JMC's website, the latest there is they state that they are experiencing significant difficulty getting parts for the Joyner vehicles from the manufactures. And that would be because you have not done anything all year JMC!!! Dealers have been screaming for parts all year that JMC would not import and now they try and turn it all around by blaming the Chinese manufactures. JMC, maybe the manufactures don't want to work in with you and your workload of next to zero?

Fair not, Joyner parts will be available again and soon and for those Joyner dealers that weathered the storm, repay them by showing your support. For those dealers that have left Joyner because of JMC's debacle, you can't blame them and would like to think that they too could be supported by you for non-Joyner parts like aftermarket tires etc..

Cheers Mike.

I understand the move to reduce expenses to compete but if you do nothing to help the middle class survive, there will be no one to purchase the cr*p you are cheaply making. As a country, if you only spend with no product to sale or manufacture you will go broke. If you run a company that only spends with no income to replace the outgoing cash flow, you will have to close the doors when the money is gone. That is the USA, ALL outflow with no / or insufficient inflow and you can only print money for so long. Thus we are going broke and the middle class is dieing. We travel to Mexico a lot and the better 3/4s & I have had long talks about this. WE see American eroding towards the economic status of Mexico and Mexico is improving (until recently with the drug cartel cr*p) toward the USA status. The two will meet in the middle someday and I don't believe it is that far off ( the cartel stuff will be calmed with the next Mexican Presidential administration change). The result will be a better Mexico & a poorer USA. I (IMHO) don't believe a Global Economy is good in the long run for the USA. Just as you see the little old town die when the new kids / cities come on the block so will the USA as the new kid / growing countries come on the global block. This is also going to be true for the other currently dormant / older manufacturing countries of the world. Now if you have a product to sale, OIL or the like, all this is does not fit. Currently the only thing the USA produces is weapons and that is why the current administration is pushing the middle East to make a BIG weapons purchase. The GNP isn't going to improve and the stimulus of the USA will be viewed as a failure by the public.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja/TX

What you have said above rocmoc, is the big picture and sadly very true. Unfortunately, manufactures in any first world country are not team players for the big picture, their only batting for themselves. This is natural, after all they are in competition with each other.

I did read somewhere that what's happening now is what the World Bank and the U.N want. The plan is to even out the worlds wealth. Now if you already have that wealth and want to hold onto it, you are the target. You pointed out that this is all ready the case with the USA &Mexico. It's impossible to get every one to stand behind a made in America only policy, but that's the best way forward, but I'll explain the problem with that below.

If John Deere went the other way and made a 100% American made Tractor or Gator again, they would get a lot of respect and sales, but IMHO in a failing economy, people who need a Tractor or UTV will go for the best one they can find, at the cheapest price and John Deere know it. A little bit of quality and a big saving will give you a nice turn over, but now China has upped their game and now is capable of pumping large amounts of quality products, we are all but caught in China's spider web.

That been said, if you go out and get a bunch of old time cobblers together, form a new shoe company and make shoes to the old high standards that we were used to, advertise them as made in the USA, you will make millions. You might have to sell them for 4 times the price of imported shoes but they would outlast 10 of them, making them better quality and more economical than the imported ones.

Global is not the answer for America nor here but this is the world we find ourselves in and with reference to the Power sports manufactures, only the smart ones will survive and they will do what the have to do, to stay one step ahead of the comp. Bearing in mind that a weak market is far more competitive then a strong market.

Cheers Mike.

I also agree. Get 20 or 30 years down the road and China will be the worlds leader In pretty much everything including weapons. Then they will be telling us what we can and can't do in the world. We'll no longer be able to push our will on other countries like we are currently doing. Then also, if we piss off China, they may not start with sanctions. They can come after us and loose 100,000,000 people and hardly feel it but we would. Things will be changing and not for the better. Too much greed here and and it's causing a loss of control.

Lenny

Take that one step further and say 40 to 50 years down the road, the Chinese will have a strong middle class society, with a healthy hunger for the good life, but as their workers start getting paid well, what do you reckon will happen next? Africa will happen next, or India or maybe even South America. You and I will be gone but the cycle will continue. It's almost like a natural cycle you would think, but one thing is for sure though, "if you have had a taste of the good life and seen your country prosper, what's not natural, is to let standards slip". It's time for a strong leader to rise through the ranks and take control of all the B.S, not another puppet who's strings are pulled by those with hidden agendas and the real power.

China has already had it's first strike at a Power sports factory at one of Hondas plants in China. They are hungry for money and this will snowball along with turnover.

Regardless of what I have said and moving back onto the topic, the engine that J.D will now be using for their top of the line Gator, is far better than their old one and that is a fact, not IMHO but fact.

Cheers Mike.