Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
2scoops

Engine RMP goes low when braking hard

Man, I am itching to gake my ride out! Back on topic. As some of you know I am investigating better braking. As I have been jamming on the brakes harder than usual as of late while testing the new set up, I have notice the engine RPM getting very low during hard braking. It acts almost as if the engine wants to die. Does anyone know what causes this? It hasn't caused it to die yet, but a good running car should'nt do this.

Man, I am itching to gake my ride out! Back on topic. As some of you know I am investigating better braking. As I have been jamming on the brakes harder than usual as of late while testing the new set up, I have notice the engine RPM getting very low during hard braking. It acts almost as if the engine wants to die. Does anyone know what causes this? It hasn't caused it to die yet, but a good running car should'nt do this.

One of the problems that need correcting on Troopers is the gas supply, it may be that the gas in the tank is all moving forward as you break and it uncovers the outlet port and the pump gets starved and the fuel pressure drops. On mine, if I was going down a steep hill with less the about half a tank, the engine would actually die, there is a topic dedicated to this problem, if it hasn't been deleted. To cure this, I recommend installing a surge tank that is filled by a separate pump from the main tank and then the pump is fed from the surge tank and the return also goes to the surge tank, It would only need to be about a quart, but mine is over a gallon and has a circuit to turn the fill pump on and off.

If you're interested in doing this, I'll look for the information,

Kinarfi

http://www.utvboard.com/topic/629-fuel-tanks-mods/page__view__findpost__p__2466

One of the problems that need correcting on Troopers is the gas supply, it may be that the gas in the tank is all moving forward as you break and it uncovers the outlet port and the pump gets starved and the fuel pressure drops. On mine, if I was going down a steep hill with less the about half a tank, the engine would actually die, there is a topic dedicated to this problem, if it hasn't been deleted. To cure this, I recommend installing a surge tank that is filled by a separate pump from the main tank and then the pump is fed from the surge tank and the return also goes to the surge tank, It would only need to be about a quart, but mine is over a gallon and has a circuit to turn the fill pump on and off.

If you're interested in doing this, I'll look for the information,

Kinarfi

http://www.utvboard.com/topic/629-fuel-tanks-mods/page__view__findpost__p__2466

Thanks Kinarfi. I will try filling the tank to the top & seeing if it goes away.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this