Quantcast

BC Trooper

How many Jouner Troopers in North America? & Diff Test?

Does anyone know how many Troopers are out there?, I ask because if there are significant #s than maybe we will se the return of Joyner in N.America.

I wrote the factory last week asking them if they had any plans of coming back to N.A. I have not recievied a response yet.

I sure like the Trooper but I would think it won't be to long before critical parts will not be available anymore.

Secondly, does anyone have a simple test to confirm if the Diff upgrade was done in a Trooper?

I have the 09 but it still has the Electric 4X4 shift and when I put it up on blocks all the wheels can move back and forth 4 to 5 inches (slack) the rear being the higher number (5 inches slack approx_

Thanks

BC Trooper

Does anyone know how many Troopers are out there?, I ask because if there are significant #s than maybe we will se the return of Joyner in N.America.

I wrote the factory last week asking them if they had any plans of coming back to N.A. I have not recievied a response yet.

I sure like the Trooper but I would think it won't be to long before critical parts will not be available anymore.

Secondly, does anyone have a simple test to confirm if the Diff upgrade was done in a Trooper?

I have the 09 but it still has the Electric 4X4 shift and when I put it up on blocks all the wheels can move back and forth 4 to 5 inches (slack) the rear being the higher number (5 inches slack approx_

Thanks

BC Trooper

Hi BC Trooper the way I was told how to check to see if your rear diff was upgraded is easy. Just lift the rear end off the ground so that you can spin the rear wheels and do not forget to put jack stands under it !!! then remove the diffs oil fill plug look inside the filler hole with a flashlight and you will see the ring gear bolts, if your diff wasnt upgraded it will only have 10mm bolts in it and will also have saftey wire going through the bolt heads. If your diff was upgraded it will have 12mm bolts in the ring gear and will have the bend up steel tabs so the bolts cannot come loose, the bend up tabs are really narrow and you will have to look hard for them. As you are looking at the bolts just turn the tire by hand to look at all bolts. I did it this way with mine and I could tell that mine was upgraded.

Thanks

BC Trooper

Critical parts are not going to become un-availible, Joyner is a Multi nation vestment and they are being distributed all over the world except for the US, EPA and CARB approval is holding those units back at the moment, I hear that they will be back in the states soon, I hope so becuase talking to the other distributors around the world the 2011 Trooper is leaps and bounds above even where the late 3 level 2009's were. The trooper only being 2 years old, it did make vast improvements, and continues today.

Jarrad

Hi BC Trooper the way I was told how to check to see if your rear diff was upgraded is easy. Just lift the rear end off the ground so that you can spin the rear wheels and do not forget to put jack stands under it !!! then remove the diffs oil fill plug look inside the filler hole with a flashlight and you will see the ring gear bolts, if your diff wasnt upgraded it will only have 10mm bolts in it and will also have saftey wire going through the bolt heads. If your diff was upgraded it will have 12mm bolts in the ring gear and will have the bend up steel tabs so the bolts cannot come loose, the bend up tabs are really narrow and you will have to look hard for them. As you are looking at the bolts just turn the tire by hand to look at all bolts. I did it this way with mine and I could tell that mine was upgraded.

Thankyou I will check right away

Critical parts are not going to become un-availible, Joyner is a Multi nation vestment and they are being distributed all over the world except for the US, EPA and CARB approval is holding those units back at the moment, I hear that they will be back in the states soon, I hope so becuase talking to the other distributors around the world the 2011 Trooper is leaps and bounds above even where the late 3 level 2009's were. The trooper only being 2 years old, it did make vast improvements, and continues today.

Jarrad

Thankyou, I hope your right, I sure like my Trooper . seems like it was built for the terrain we have out here in BC Canada.

Jarrad is 100% correct, Joyner are huge in Europe where they have their own type of street homologation street legal Buggies and the same Buggies as you have. Joyner in the UK, Spain, Germany and Greece are well established with good turn over. A lot of people don’t realise just how big Joyner is in Russia. They are in the Middle East, Caribbean, Australia (where there is good turnover) and here in NZ, plus other small markets. The big wheel keeps on turning as does the development of all Joyner Vehicles. Parts will not become unavailable period. The North American counties are too important for Joyner not to have a presence, so hopefully they will be back soon.

Cheers Mike.