Quantcast

mz225

noob trooper

hello, I just purchased an 09 trooper t2 to ride in SE Missouri. there's not many of these around here and everyone is really impressed with it. your posts on here have really helped with working out some of the kinks with this thing. Ive got the differential upgrade kit on the way and still need to find tie rod ends and rear shocks (soon). does anyone know if there's an automotive cross for the tie rod ends? also I'm leaning towards the fox 2.0 8.5" shocks has anyone found anything more economical for general trail riding. thanks for all the helpful info on here.

I do not know of a automotive cross for the tie rod ends, but the stock ones are fairly inexpensive.

mz225, how much did you find the fox shocks for and where?

So far eBay is the only place that has them in stock. I'm still waiting on a price for springs but shocks were 429.00 for the pair.

Bought mine at Off Road Warehouse, http://offroadwarehouse.com/products/sfID1/12. They also are online. There is a whole topic about my Fox shocks.

from reading the previous threads it looks like everyone is using dual springs around 400/600 lb. but when i talked to nick at offroadwarehouse he said they normally sell single rate springs for these with 350 lb for the t2 and 400 lb for the t4. is anyone using these fox 2.0 8.5 in. with the single rate springs. im not sure the 350 lb would be enough. i'm just looking for a better replacement for my blown out rears without spending a whole lot and i guess the single rates would be cheaper but i hate to give up a lot of performance for a couple hundred bucks difference.

I am running the Fox 8.5 but hot the coil-over. Still running just the single Joyner stock springs. I am very happy with the improvement. Lenny or Flatbed will have to jump in to sale you on the duel springs. Personally I believe the Joyner Stock setup while was very good and better than the rest of the UTV field was stiff, had too much pre-load, had too much N2 & lacked sufficient damping causing the shock blow-outs.

ok, I ordered the fox 2.0 8 1/2 in. coil overs with single rate 350 lb springs. we'll see how they do!