Welcome to UTV BOARD - UTV Forum, Side by Side Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

2scoops

Transfer case for Trooper

6 posts in this topic

I have heard much mention of engine possibilities and auto trannys. What about a 2 speed transfer case? Do you think it would be possible? It would solve our low end torque issues. I haven't done any digging into the motor or trans. What have you guys seen? Out of the realm of possibility?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I have heard much mention of engine possibilities and auto trannys. What about a 2 speed transfer case? Do you think it would be possible? It would solve our low end torque issues. I haven't done any digging into the motor or trans. What have you guys seen? Out of the realm of possibility?

No room for a transfer case.

Lenny

No room for a transfer case.

Lenny

Lenny, you said there is no room for something--that't the first! :lol:

What we really need is some gear options for the trany. In one of my race cars that had the same configuration of engine & trans as the Trooper, I had the option of changing out the stock 5th gear with different ratio. We need a optional lower 1st gear. Just take someone casting a new gear, it isn't than difficult.

There was somebody out there 1-2 years ago making a higher 5th gear, not sure if it was No limits or maybe Silverbullet. We need maybe two more teeth in 5th and maybe 1 more in 1st.

I would like to do 55 at 4K rpm

Dick

If you are running the bigger tires, the need is for a LOWER first gear.

The bigger tires makes the spread between the gears more usable and plenty of top end speed.