Quantcast

Summer is here!

rocmoc

Had to go into Tucson for shopping & drive thu the Saguaro National Park, http://www.saguaronationalpark.com/. This week is free fees in National parks as it is National Parks appreciation week. Glad we went for free as IMHO it was not worth the normal fees. Area should be developed and put on the tax roles and cut the work force. Another 5-10 years and most of the Saguaro will be dead. Pretty sad! Home encroachment around the park has eliminated the coyotes so the squires & mice are eating around the base of the Saguaros killing them. Doesn't help to have a steady stream of people going thu the area keeping the few coyotes in hiding while the little critters feed. Don't see anyway they can save them. We had just traveled thu the Indian Res west of Tucson and the drive thu the Saguaros on the Res was much nicer.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

HERE! Summer is here!

Went for a dirtbike ride yesterday for 4 hours. Man is the desert dry. We have only had a half an inch of rain since Jan. 1. Only about an inch & half since last Sept. We are already behind 2" for the year rainfall total since Jan. Won't go out again until monsoon season, just too dusty & rock slippery. Three of us went out and all three of us went down twice. No big injuries but a little equipment breakage. I broke my hot start lever and the other two broke a rear fender & mirror. Little stuff. Still had a ball but sore this morning & I have to wash the Motorhome today. At least my better 3/4's is going to help me. Maybe that is the secret Len, your partner has to help you clean the toys to keep from getting hurt.

Everyone have a great day!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Guest Lenny

HERE! Summer is here!

Went for a dirtbike ride yesterday for 4 hours. Man is the desert dry. We have only had a half an inch of rain since Jan. 1. Only about an inch & half since last Sept. We are already behind 2" for the year rainfall total since Jan. Won't go out again until monsoon season, just too dusty & rock slippery. Three of us went out and all three of us went down twice. No big injuries but a little equipment breakage. I broke my hot start lever and the other two broke a rear fender & mirror. Little stuff. Still had a ball but sore this morning & I have to wash the Motorhome today. At least my better 3/4's is going to help me. Maybe that is the secret Len, your partner has to help you clean the toys to keep from getting hurt.

Everyone have a great day!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I try to get her help me with things but she stays real busy. Bought her a new hedge trimmer for her last Christmas, a new lawnmower for her birthday and a ladder so she can reach the entire trailer for when it's time to wax it again. Funny, I only got a dog house and she doesn't talk much any more. All she says is GET OUT.

Lenny