Quantcast

Sand Spider shock project

huunz

I've been slowly working on my 650 Sand Spider, got the rear Fox AirShox in, the Weber carb, and now have started on the front Fox AirShox. The pictures are up with captions in my gallery section.

Some minor problems - the oil filter setup allows the oil to drain back to the motor when it sits for a while. This means I have low oil pressure and an oil light at startup, so I have to wait for the oil to come up before I can take off. I don't know what the long term affect will be on the engine.

I've been slowly working on my 650 Sand Spider, got the rear Fox AirShox in, the Weber carb, and now have started on the front Fox AirShox. The pictures are up with captions in my gallery section.

Some minor problems - the oil filter setup allows the oil to drain back to the motor when it sits for a while. This means I have low oil pressure and an oil light at startup, so I have to wait for the oil to come up before I can take off. I don't know what the long term affect will be on the engine.

oil filters are supposed to anti drain back , maybe your next filter won't do that, or maybe you should try a different brand.

oil filters are supposed to anti drain back , maybe your next filter won't do that, or maybe you should try a different brand.

I used Fram PH 8A filters. They have been the defacto standard for the large dual filter setups, but this is the first time I've mounted the filters higher than the crankcase. I may have to do some research into anti-drainback type filters that cross over. They did add one whole quart of capacity to the system, and i didn't have to buy a single part, it was all on the shelf. B)

I found an anti-drainback check valve in the Jeg's catalog, but it was fifty bucks, so I passed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Blake333
      Hey guys. I have a 2020 rebel west rlx1500. Does anyone make or offer different ratio front and rear diff gears? I’ve searched the web but not a lot of info about it. I’m wanting to lower the gear ratio and run taller tires. Thanks in advance.
    • By Dan_Lockwood
      I'll post pictures next week on my rebuild, which I have completed successfully...👍 

It says someplace limited slip rear dif. On my hoist both tires turn at the same time, same direction. The problem I have is that on hard pack, they stay locked up and I'm digging up my driveway on sharp turns. I'm sure in the summer on turf, I'll have holes in my yard. It acts like a solid live axle on a small ATV. 
      There's a wire running to the rear diff that I thought was the lock up for the rear end. But it's locked all the time. 
      Question, how is it supposed to work? Is it supposed to slip under hard turns etc?
      I'll have to do something to disengage it for the summer, options, thoughts?
      Thanks in advance, Dan 
    • By cliffhodges
      Hi All- Long time reader, first time posting.  I have a 2016 Mule 4010 (model: KAF 620V).  I am having an issue since overloading the payload a couple days ago (yes I'm a dummy).  I live on a very hilly property and I was trying to move some large oak rounds for firewood splitting.  I put WAY too much wood in the bed and when I started driving, it sputtered, kicked out of gear, and then cut out.  I unloaded all the weight and started it again - appeared to be running fine when idling and/or driving on flat ground at slow speed.  But when try to go fast or uphill, the RPM's rev high and it sounds like the motor is fine, but it has ZERO speed or power at all (literally creeps uphill at like 2-3 mph and won' go faster or take any weight), and has no power at all.
      Other info: 3 weeks ago I did a belt replacement.  So I was worried I perhaps screwed that up somehow. But I just opened the clutch housing to check and the belt and clutch appear to be working just fine.... sooo.....
      Any ideas what I screwed up by overloading payload and immediately trying to drive uphill?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!  

• By Vaz478
      I have a 2021 Coleman 400 from TSC. Got it slightly used with 20 hours on it. 

Started from scratch with oil change
      Iridium Spark plug
      fuel filter 
      Is there a diagram anywhere that shows where all of the grease fittings are at to make sure that I don’t miss any?
       On the rear brake it seems to be engaged slightly when moving. The parking brake is not set and released, do I need to start looking at the caliper to see if it can be adjusted to open it slightly or is that an E brake adjustment? Not sure and wanted to get opinions before I start jumping into things I don’t need to! It’s just engaged enough to make a slight squeak. 
      Any suggestions are most welcome. 
      Thanks
    • By Gary Davis
      I'm finding it very hard to find the gear oil plug.  The manual is not real clear.  Can you explain where it is like I'm a 5 year old?
  • Gallery Images