Quantcast

Headcount for Apr. 20-22nd, 2012 Jamboree in CA.

rocmoc

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to attend ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Rick wanted me to setup a poll for headcount so he can try to work a group rate at the KOA. Please vote !

Location is Glamis North KOA near the South end of the Salton Sea, http://www.glamisnorthkoa.com/

Date is April 20-22nd. I will be there before and after those dates as well as a couple of others.

rocmoc n AZ

Jeanne and I may extend out stay too. were going to just play it by ear.

Lenny

I will PM everyone the backup location for the jamboree in the event that Quig will decide to show up.(lol) Ive been waaaaayy toooo nice to ya lately quig, I'm firing back now..

All kidding a side we hope you can make it.

I'm really going to try to make it. As far as I can tell, its only 125 miles from where we are? Just hope wife feels up to moving up there. & maybe they have kiddie trails for wimpy old Quig? :D Don't care for sand. My weight, plus trooper = sink!!

I’m still in the maybe side of things & have voted that way. There is more for me to sort out first to make it happen. Firstly, I need confirmed dates and then I can start climbing into it. Jane, my wife is keen and as we still have plenty of time on our side before we commit, we will wait and see what develops.

Cheers Mike.

• 2 months later...

well maybe I can make it out , would be intrested in riding with more guys with troopers and seeing the mods. I could tent camp if the wife will allow me to go riding without her and the kids

Hope you make it, we would all love to have you there. Always a good time and a good bunch of people.

Lenny

well maybe I can make it out , would be intrested in riding with more guys with troopers and seeing the mods. I could tent camp if the wife will allow me to go riding without her and the kids

yes that would work.they do have a tent area but maybe we can slip you into our area since the sites are so large.I see your not too far from me, im in yorba linda and so is bruhaw.

Last Jamboree I rolled over the greatest distance traveled prize money. Now it appears Lenny is going to beat me out this year. The last 3 Jamborees I have traveled the greatest miles, this year only 388 miles. So Lenny, are you going to forgo the prize money to attract someone else to attend? I do think there has to be a minim miles traveled since the location is so close to a metropolitan area. Rick & his Beach Buddies have it too easy, a few hour pull. Heck my fuel alone is going to cost around $350. So I think there should be a 250 mile minim. What ya think or have I ticked everyone off?

Lenny, do you remember how much the prize money is? You and I put it up and I think it was $20 apiece. I will add another $10 this year (the economy is worst this year) for a total of a $30 contribution to attract someone with a long haul.

rocmoc n AZ

Last Jamboree I rolled over the greatest distance traveled prize money. Now it appears Lenny is going to beat me out this year. The last 3 Jamborees I have traveled the greatest miles, this year only 388 miles. So Lenny, are you going to forgo the prize money to attract someone else to attend? I do think there has to be a minim miles traveled since the location is so close to a metropolitan area. Rick & his Beach Buddies have it too easy, a few hour pull. Heck my fuel alone is going to cost around $350. So I think there should be a 250 mile minim. What ya think or have I ticked everyone off?

Lenny, do you remember how much the prize money is? You and I put it up and I think it was $20 apiece. I will add another $10 this year (the economy is worst this year) for a total of a $30 contribution to attract someone with a long haul.

rocmoc n AZ

I'll match your contribution and If I get it, I'll roll it into next year for someone else.

Lenny

yes that would work.they do have a tent area but maybe we can slip you into our area since the sites are so large.I see your not too far from me, im in yorba linda and so is bruhaw.

Yikes, I threw the idea out to my wife about me going but she seemed like she wanted to go . I decided to check out the cabin rates I think it was $279 for the weekend. WOW I checked the Koa in pomona across the fairgrounds since its a stones throw from my work awhile back and it was $60 a night for a cabin.

rocmoc n AZ

I will throw in $20 this year.

Rocmoc,

Yes you did tick someone off.Its Rick and his Beach "Bunnies" not buddies....(LOL)

I will throw in $20 this year.

Rocmoc,

Yes you did tick someone off.Its Rick and his Beach "Bunnies" not buddies....(LOL)

So here is the way Isee the totals. First my wife Jeanne reminded me that I offered $25 per year for the3 last 2 years or $50 total. Rockmoc had offered $15 for each of the last 2 years or $30 total. These amounts have been rolled over to this year.

So this year it is at:

Lenny $50 plus another $25 for this year or $75.

Rocmoc $30 plus another $10 for this year or $40

Ricksrb $20 for this year.

Total for longest distance traveled = $135

No excuses for the farther away guys not comming. (Kinarfi?)

If this is incorrect, please correct.

Lenny

Isn't Pomona nearly 2 hours away in the LA basin?

rocmoc n AZ

yeah, I was just sayin that I looked up the koa in Pomona since it was 1/4 mile from my work I thought it would be something different to go to for a night or 2 with the kids ,they could swim and play when I wnet to work.

Anyway I was shocked at the diff in the price between the 2 places

So here is the way Isee the totals. First my wife Jeanne reminded me that I offered $25 per year for the3 last 2 years or $50 total. Rockmoc had offered $15 for each of the last 2 years or $30 total. These amounts have been rolled over to this year.

So this year it is at:

Lenny $50 plus another $25 for this year or $75.

Rocmoc $30 plus another $10 for this year or $40

Ricksrb $20 for this year.

Total for longest distance traveled = $135

No excuses for the farther away guys not comming. (Kinarfi?)

If this is incorrect, please correct.

Lenny

A little math from kinarfi, assume gas will be about $3.50, $135/3.50=39 gallon and at 9 mpg (actually Less) that's 350 miles and it's 716 mile to North Glamis, one way, That $135 would get me a 1/4 of the way there, which would definitely help, but what worries me more than the fuel bill is the dependability of my rig. But then who knows, every thing is subject to change, so no promises, to be or not to be - there - . :)

Kinarfi

Yeah, well it’s looking more and more unlikely that I wont be able to make it, so the cash is yours if you do Jeff. My problem is Jane my wife can only get one week off when we thought she could have two. It’s way, way, way to far to come just for one week. We could do it but it would mean one day flying each way and only five days to enjoy. We went to the Cook Islands a few months back for seven days and that was not enough time. Rarotonga Island in the Cooks is only 30 kms round, how big is the West Coast of the USA? I want time to enjoy, relax and Tiki Tour (sight see).

Never say never so I’m not ruling it out, but it’s not a sure thing anymore.

Cheers Mike.

OK, Brostar isn't coming, Jamboree is cancelled.

LOL, ONLY KIDDING. There will be others in the future for you to make it to. Would have been nice but life's needs seems to get in the way of our fun plans sometime.

rocmoc n AZ

That's not what he said, he said " it’s looking more and more unlikely that I wont be able to make it" ..

I love double negatives and that's a double negative which is a positive. I used to tell my wife, when dating, that I won't do nothing, and did something, so, unlikely won't equals likely will.

Sorry for picking on your English Brostar, just wish that's what you were really saying.

Kinarfi

• 2 weeks later...