Quantcast

rocmoc

JeepS update!

Yup, I said Jeeps. I picked up a 30 year barn find. Stored 30 years in a Nebraska barn after grandpa passed away (not my grandpa). Got it for a very good price but I had to go get it. Round trip 2800 miles in three days & two nights. A 1970 Jeep CJ5 with V6, 3sp & highway gears. Completely stock and will stay that way. This is the one I will flat tow (towbar) behind the Motorhome. Have her running, rebuilding the brakes & replacing all the stuff that could fail after sitting for 30 years. Mechanically will be done this week. Then I start the body. Coming from NE, grandpa drove it in the snow so there is rust. Floors & floor braces are gone. Great thing about owning a Jeep is the new panels came via UPS last Tues. Cost were very fair, would have cost more to make them myself. Will take a week (only work about 4 hours / day at this stage in life) to repair the body. Will primer and run her this winter on our winter trips. Will finish next summer. Taking the soft top off the '69.

The other one, 1969 Jeep CJ5, has turned into a serious off-road build. Lockers front & rear, big tires & rims, disc brakes, electric dual fans, headers, rollcage, 4:88 gears, overdrive & more. Setup to be towed with a towbar but will trailer to the play sites incase I BREAK it, LOL! Just had the trans & transfer case completely rebuilt and am now replacing the floor pedals with hanging pedals so I can use bigger master cylinders and a slave on the clutch.

Just a little update.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Nah, the new one is faded red and completely stock. Pretty ugly as it came out of the mid-west and was driven in the snow & salt. I have new floors & braces I will be installing this next week. Just got it running and it runs GREAT! Trying to get it ready for a winter trip behind the motorhome. Won't look great but will run great. Will deal with the looks in the Spring. Just got the new trans & transfer case back for the '69. Will install in the next couple of weeks but still have to rework the pedals so I can install the new brake & clutch setup. On a sidenote, just sold my sandrail today so made roon in the garages. Really liked it but with my best buddy getting motion sickness everytime we went in the sand, it had to go.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Little update. Jeeps for the most part are on hold because of upcoming trip and getting ready for winter. I have secured another tub/body to replace the rusty body on the '70. BUT it is not going on the '70. I was getting ready to install hanging pedals in the '69. SO instead I am putting the new tub which has hanging pedals on the '69 and moving the body off the '69 on to the '70 which has floor pedals. The replacement tub is a '74 and Jeep/AMC had completed moving the pedal. So I will have factory installed pedals instead of coming up with the design myself. In the bigger picture this is better & faster. In the mean time the '70 is drivable and will remain that way. I will do the work on the '69 first.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Kinda jelous lol I want to build a cj7 someday or a yj jeep I had real nice one yrs ago and now that my mechanic skills are better I just don't have time and to many responsibilities , were are you headed on the trip

Ya I know lol how was Florida unfortunately if I start a jeep project ill have to sell the trooper to fund it lol

Or u can do what i do lol buy a jeep then let it sit as u slowly gather parts for it.

I'm in that stage for 3 other trucks plus my t2 (t2 just sitting due to cold and needing rear diff)

Jeeps are cool i want a Comanche and xj and maybe a ww2 willy and an full sized wagoneer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lol I'm the type if I got a jeep for a project I'd wanna start right away lol

Lol same here only thing that is stopping me from working on my multiple projects are old man winter and money.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Commando anywhere i can find a rear diff and exhaust header

I just recently bought a cheap running joyner cammando and i need to find a rear differential and exhaust any help would be greatly appreciated.

By Bryan T Mumink Jr, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • LED light bar 🔥Promotion Best Price 🆕🆕

MICTUNING LED LIGHTING  offer free led light bar  Follow  MICTUNINGLEDLIGHTBARS  on Facebook  

By Jeremy SK, in UTV Product Specials and Promotions

• 5 replies
    • Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative Celebrates 10 Years

For a Decade, the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative Has Led the Motorized Recreation Industry in Creating and Defending Access to Land for Outdoor Recreation Yamaha accepts applications from nonprofit or tax-exempt organizations including OHV riding clubs and associations, national, state and local public land use agencies, outdoor enthusiast associations and land conservation groups with an interest in protecting, improving, expanding and/or maintaining access for safe, responsible and sustainable public use. The Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative is the industry leader in guaranteeing responsible access to our nation’s land for outdoor enthusiasts. Through this program, Yamaha has directly and indirectly supported thousands of miles of motorized recreation trails, maintained and rehabilitated riding and hunting areas, improved staging areas, supplied agricultural organizations with essential OHV safety education, built bridges over fish-bearing streams and partnered with local outdoor enthusiast communities across the country to improve access to public lands. The Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative has contributed more than $3.5 million in funding and equipment across more than 300 projects over the past 10 years to assist outdoor recreationists working to protect and improve access to public land and educate the public on its safe, sustainable recreational use. For those who rely on access to public land for work and play, the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative has proven to be the industry’s most reliable partner and a significant resource. http://www.yamahaoai.com/  

By Alex, in UTV News and Information

• 0 replies
    • My Joyner parts prices will not be beat! price matching plus 5% off!

All you need to do is show me a lower advertised price. I will then match and beat it by 5%. Don't waste time and get your parts from the source with the best guaranteed prices!

By JoynerUSA, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies
    • W.E. Rock West Round 2 Three Peaks Recreation Area Cedar City, Utah May 20th-21st

W.E. Rock West Round 2 Three Peaks Recreation Area Cedar City, Utah May 20th-21st Have you ever tried to rock crawl your UTV? It is a new way to challenge your machine and driving skills. You can compete against your buddies on some of the best rock crawling courses in the world. 
      Three Peaks Recreation Area
      Google Maps:
      http://bit.ly/2oppytS Pit parking/camping is available for teams only – limited space.  Additional camping is available in designated areas within Three Peaks for pit crews/family/etc.  Please purchase camping with your spectator tickets.
      No fire rings, no pallets – all fires must be contained in portable fire pits.

BUY TICKETS Use Online Discount Code: WEROCK17 to get 20% off door price
      Tickets are always available at the gate SPECTATOR INFO

Standard Prices
      $25.00 Adult 16+ 2-day pass
      $15.00 Adult 16+ 1-day pass
      $5.00 Children 8-15
      Kids 7 & Under Free
      Military discount (with ID) $5.00 off gate price
      Dogs must be on a leash.
      DRIVER REGISTRATION

Friday May 19th
      Tech & Registration
      4:00 pm to 8:00 pm -> Tech and Registration
      If not going to arrive by 8, please call 530-417-5333 to let us know you are still coming.  This will help the start of the event to run much smoother.
      8:00 pm -> Judges Training
      Saturday May 20th
      7:30 am -> Judges Training
      9:00 am  -> Drivers Meeting
      9:00 am -> Spectator Gates Open
      10:00 am  -> Competition Starts
      Sunday May 21st
      9:00 am -> Spectator Gates Open
      10:00 am  -> Competition Starts
      Shootout at end of Competition
      Awards immediately following

About W.E. Rock
      The sport of World Extreme Rock Crawling or W.E. ROCK as it is known to our fans is all about challenging driver and machine. Competitors build amazing vehicles to drive over the most extreme obstacles our world renowned course designer, Josh England, can dream up. You will see vehicles perform maneuvers you never thought possible. Conquering large boulders, steep climbs, rock ledges and massive drops, all while avoiding strategically placed cones. Depending on the class the competitors choose to compete in their vehicle must follow some basic build rules and safety requirements. The rules are designed to keep each class fair while allowing the builder freedom to engineer the most competitive vehicle they can. Once on the course the driver and spotter have 10 minutes to navigate 3-4 gates (set of cones) without hitting any cones and as few backups as possible. Each cone hit or backup they take adds points to their score and the team with the lowest score wins. The courses are designed to provide the most action for the spectators throughout the weekend and force drivers to push what they have built to the limits.

By Moranton, in UTV Events and Rallies

• 1 reply