Quantcast

Going riding and going to get RICH

Guest Lenny

Got a metal detector for Christmas. Wanted a nice one all of my life. Now my riding trips will be twice as fun. Going into the mountain foothills along the eastern Navada boarder about 25 miles north of Utahs southern state line. This is gold country so we will be looking for nuggets. Actually won't get rich but its all about the thrill of the hunt. Who really knows, somewhere in this world is a 25 pound nugget and someone just might find it. The trails are going to be good and and with my heaters, the Trooper should be comfortable dispite it being in the 30s. No snow.

Lenny

I used the heaters and fans from the heaters that Joyner put out for the Troopers. Doubt you can get them any more. The radiators are about 5" by 11" and about 1" thick, each with two computer type fans hooked to them. I mounted one under each seat on the vertical wall behind your legs. I also used a three way valve for the hook up into the engine coolant system. This way I either run the coolant through the heater coils or not. They work great. Having them under the front of the seat is perfect because we carry a couple of blankets that we throw over legs and the heat comes up under them. Its amaizing just how cozy it is even in quite cold weather. We don't have behind the seats colose off not the top halfs of the doors but we do have a windshield that can completely close off the front. If your looking to do somehting, the 12 volt computer fans work good. I would look for a couple of heater coils out of a car or maybe a motorcycle.

Lenny

Here is something to go with your heaters, Seat Heaters! http://www.corbeau.com/products/seat_heaters/seat_heaters/# Can be installed in your factory seats as well as Courbeau replacements. I am going with Courbeau seats and this maybe a good start for some heat in the Jeep as I don't think I am reinstalling the heater because of a conflict with hanging pedals.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By lonerider98
      At the end of last year my Coleman UT 500 will not go into reverse. I can hold it over toward the reverse to move it nut it won't lock into reverse. Anyone have this problem? Winter is just about over and going to have to get this resolved. Thank You!
    • By Rufus Fruge
      Just wanted to check in and say hi to fellow members. I bought a 2023 T-Boss 550 last month just in time for hunting season. So far all is well. I went over it to check things out and learned a lot in the process.LOL! I certainly would recommend that all new purchasers should make it a point to do this because I can promise you that you won’t regret it.
    • By Robert B
      Going down a 20 deg hill engine is holding UTV back. Then something releases like going into Neutral and makes a loud clacking noise. Have to use brake to slow UTV down. Then once level it shifts back into gear. Have done shift extension does not pop out of gear.
    • By mcraigchr
      I realize that many of you do not have diesel machines.  For those that do, this is for you:
      Just wanted to post my experience this past week.  Here in Texas, we had pretty good dip in temps.  For 4 days it did not get above 25.  At night, it was single digits or close to it.  I always put Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer in the storage tank (30 gallon).  And up until this tank I was using Power Service (white bottle) for anti-gel.  Never had an issue.
      This tank, however, I switched to Stabil All season (anti gel).  It is supposed to good down to -40.  Zap.  That is a big fat lie.  I put in twice the amount called for in the instructions.  Result was less than optimal.  I drove the SxS 100 feet (to go get the mail) and it died.  I looked at the fuel bowl and it was a cloudy, wax substance.  So, the Stabil did not work.  That said, I'm not sure that I ever tested the Power Service in the same manner.  So I am not saying that one is better than the other.
      What are your experiences?  Are these products inferior?  What do you folks in the northern states / Canada use?  Am I missing something?
      CC
    • By sxsadventurerally
      It’s time for the 10th Annual SXS Adventure Rally on the Rocks. Join us in the best sandbox this side of your childhood playground! Experience the thrill of exploration, the excitement of speed, the sensation of Mother Nature and machines.
      Come to gorgeous Southern Utah as the best industry Side by Sides and UTV's hit the sand, dunes, rocks and endless vistas of Sand Hollow State Park for the adventure of a lifetime. May is perfect riding weather and is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face.
      This SXS/UTV family friendly event will overload the senses with professionally guided trail rides, rock crawling, camping, factory demo rides, rock crawling competitions, scenic rides, education classes, cornhole tournament, music concerts and more.
      Official expert guided trail rides are just $50 per person per day. Vendor areas, demo rides and entertainment fun open to the public with state park entry.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ENTER THE EVENT TO COME ENJOY THE VENDORS AND DO TEST/DEMO DRIVES WITH INDUSTRY MANUFACTURERS.
      For more information and full 2024 event schedule and fees. Have questions? Hit the FAQ page: https://SXSAdventureRally.com/faq
      ~ PURSUE YOUR SXS/UTV PASSION ~
      Sponsored by:
      GBCTires.com – Presenting Sponsor
      Sponsorship and Vendor opportunities available. Please contact us for more information and bring your business to the true grass roots of the sport! 
      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/SXSAdventureRallyOnTheRocks or @SXSAdventureRallyOnTheRocks
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SXSAdventureRallyOnTheRocks

For Additional Information, contact [email protected] or (435) 703-4444‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬