Quantcast

Wieght

charlie

One thing you can do is to replace the steel plates under your seats with an aluminum plate. This will save about 10 pounds. Eliminating the front 2 piece drive shaft with one piece of DOM tubing will save about 20 pounds. This eliminates that extra heavy center bearing assembly and 4 u-joints. Just cut the spleens off the ends of the stock drive shafts and weld them to the one piece shaft. You then meed to align the transmission output shaft with the front differential shaft. This is done by shiming under the motor mounts. Its already quite close to begin with. You can save an other 4 or 5 pounds by cutting out the solid lugs that connect the roll bar to the main frame. Just lower your roll cage and weld it solid. The seats are heavy and there are ones available that are 1/2 the weight. This can save another 40 pounds. I run 15 inch rims and by shopping around, I found rims that weigh about 10 pounds a piece. The first ones I had were a typical 20+ pounds each for a 15 inch. That saved me about 45 pounds when done.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jhud
      In the market for side by side. Narrowed it down between the pioneer 1000 or defender Hd9. Looking for pros and cons of both. Any info would be helpful in my selection process. Noise, speed, reliability, ride, all of it.
    • By Pilot1996
      When researching the Tracker, I was interested in the 800SX LE. The original sales literature indicated that the LE came with 27x9x14 and 27x11x14 tires. When I went to pick up my Tracker, it had 26” tires on it. I called Tracker before paying for the Tracker and was told they had supply issues and could not get 27” tires. I’m curious to know if anyone has taken delivery of an LE with 27” tires in stalled? I just recently installed 27” tires and am happy with the added ground clearance and beefy look the machine has taken on!
    • By Havoc321
      I’m looking to have my 2022 800sx fit in the 10’ garage of my toy hauler. I thought about removing the dump bed, so I wondered how far the dump extends beyond the tires.  Thanks!
    • By Mark T
      MY 400 is gutless. I would like to know if I can upgrade to a larger engine ?
    • By BOYD
      I have a 2004 KUBOTA RTV 900 DIESEL and I need to replace both front cv axels.I have been online looking at them and there seems to be a lot of different manufactures to choose from. My question is who makes a good aftermarket set of cv axels for this KUBOTA. I have read horror stories of people buying the  cheap Chinese brand only to find out they don't fit or they don't last very long and fail again. I hate to have to spend over $200 a shaft to get OEM from KUBOTA when I'm sure there is a company out there who probably makes it for them or makes comparable to OEM. Thanks for your help.